Job no: 501270
Work type: Full-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Information Technology
You will joining an established team in the iCinema Centre for Interactive Cinema Research. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to start or continue their career in a role that will provide learning on the job opportunities. The role of Programmer reports to the Senior Programmer.
The iCinema Centre's main focus lies in application development based on the Advanced Visualisation and Interaction Environment (AVIE). The AVIE is a state-of-the-art virtual reality theatre, composed of a 10-meter wide, 4-meter high cylindrical screen, six 3D projectors, a 24-channel surround sound system, a multi-camera motion tracking system and a cluster of high-end PCs. Designed to immerse groups of people in 360-degree stereoscopic real-time imagery and audio, the AVIE allows for the development and study of applications in the fields of immersive visualisation, virtual and augmented reality, interactive cinema and human interaction design. (see www.icinema.unsw.edu.au)
- The Programmer role is a full-time, 2 year fixed-term position
- Location: Kensington – Sydney, Australia
- Salary, Level 5: $75,832 to $85,807 per annum + 17% superannuation
Specific accountabilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Contribute to the development of iCinema projects, primarily with Unity3D and C#.
- Assist with the design, develop and maintain the iCinema Software Development Kit(s).
- Contribute to the development and maintaining infrastructure control, and maintenance applications using Python, Windows batch scripting and Unix shell scripting.
- Develop applications and scripts to automate processes such as media conversion and data backup workflows.
- Create well-written documentation for source code and processes.
- Demonstrate iCinema projects and systems to visitors and student groups.
Skills and Experience
- Relevant tertiary degree in Computer Science or equivalent level of knowledge gained through a combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience in C#, Unity3D and Python.
- Knowledge of real-time 3D graphics rendering and implementation.
- Knowledge of concurrency/synchronization with regards to multi-threading and multi-computer clustering.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- Understanding of software design and development in a team environment.
- Understanding of software planning and overall development processes.
Additional details about the specific responsibilities for these positions can be found in the position description the link Position Description - Programmer (501270).pdf or via the advert on https://www.jobs.unsw.edu.au/
To Apply: Please submit your CV and cover letter outlining why you're interested in the role and your suitability for the role. Please note applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed below.
Eugene Aves – Talent Acquisition Consultant
Applications close: 11:50pm on Wednsday, 10th March 2021
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds.
UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend