Research Associate in Biometrics Authentication
Job no: 501221
Work type: Full-time
Location: Canberra, ACT
UNSW Canberra is a campus of the University of New South Wales located at the Australian Defence Force Academy in Canberra. UNSW Canberra endeavours to offer staff a rewarding experience and offers many opportunities and attractive benefits, including:
- One of Australia’s leading research and teaching universities
- Australian bush land setting with FREE parking
- Strong commitment to staff development and learning
- Strong commitment to work life and family balance
- Generous superannuation opportunities
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work
This role will be situated within the School of Engineering and Information Technology (SEIT). The engineering disciplines have close research collaborations promoting multidisciplinary research opportunities. Over recent years SEIT has produced more than 400 high impact research publications each year and continues to perform exceptionally in terms of research outputs and grant funding obtained through competitive funding opportunities as offered by the Australian Research Council, Industry partners and Defence, in addition to generous internal support provided by UNSW Canberra.
About the Role:
- Level A: $78,109 to $104,143 plus 17% Superannuation
- Fixed term – 36 months
UNSW Canberra has an exciting opportunity for a Research Associates in Bio-cryptography. You will be a key member of the research team on the Australian Research Council Discovery Project “Privacy-preserving Oriented Biometrics Authentication”. Your research will focus on advanced bio-cryptosystems which includes biometrics feature retrieval and applied cryptography. You will also have an opportunity to undertake teaching and supervise student research. With the support of senior academics and the research team you will develop your research to be published in peer reviewed journals. You will also need to travel in this role as you will present your research findings at national and/or international conferences when required.
About the Successful Applicants:
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- A PhD degree by research in Computer Science or Math or related discipline. Evidence of passing the PhD thesis examination is acceptable at the interview stage. The successful candidate is expected to hold the PhD degree when the offer is issued and should be available for the job immediately.
- It will be desirable to have a background in both applied cryptography and machine learning. It is acceptable to have a strong background in either applied cryptography or machine learning. In that case, you’ll need to demonstrate the capability and willingness to quickly learn the alternative skill.
- A demonstrated ability to conduct innovative and independent research.
- A record of papers in high quality journals and/or conferences of high ranking in the field. Highly regarded journals include: IEEE TIFS, IEEE TPAMI.
- Proficiency in one of C/C++, Matlab mix programming or Java programming.
In your application you should systematically address the skills and experience outlined in the Position Description. In order to view the position description - please ensure that you allow pop-ups for the Jobs@UNSW Portal.
An applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment to this role. The position is located in Canberra, ACT. The successful candidate will be required to work from the UNSW Canberra campus and be available for the job immediately.
For further information about UNSW Canberra, please visit our website: UNSW Canberra
Prof. Jiankun Hu
T: (+61 2) 6268 8186
Applications Close: 24 March 2021, 11:30PM
Find out more about working at UNSW Canberra
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity
Any questions about the application process - please email email@example.com
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend