Library Learning Services Specialist
Job no: 501185
Work type: Full-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
- Level 4 - $69k - $73K + 17% super + Leave Loading
- Continuing role
- Full time position 35 hours / week
About the Opportunity
Library Learning Services Specialists deliver innovative, sustainable, scaleable and highquality services to meet the rapidly-changing expectations of students, staff and stakeholders via face to face and digital channels and contribute to the development and provision of an adaptive, collaborative, student-centred and high-performing professional culture within the Learning Services team. All Library Learning Services Specialists work closely with staff from other units of the Library and the University to ensure the provision of a high level of service to clients.
About the UNSW Library
UNSW Library is one of Australia’s major research libraries, with extensive scholarly information resources, services and facilities. It serves a large population of academic and research staff and students on two campuses and affiliated research institutes. The Library serves 3 million in-person visitors and 20 million online interactions a year and features world class collections, services and facilities. There are three library sites including Main Library and Herbert Smith Freehills Law Library (Kensington) and the Paddington Campus Library as well as a close working relationship with the Academy Library - UNSW Canberra – Australian Defence Force Academy (ADFA). The Library is a department within the Division of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor Academic (DVCA).
About the Successful Candidate
- ALIA accredited library and information science qualification conferring eligibility for ALIA Associate or Technician Membership, or combination of relevant qualifications and experience
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality, consistent and effective Library and information services to students in a higher education environment
- Knowledge of best practice and current trends in front-line library service delivery in an academic environment
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively liaise and communicate with clients
- Demonstrated interpersonal and professional skills, including the ability to engage positively and maturely with clients
- Ability to work and make decisions in a multi-tasking role with overlapping priorities and deadlines within a team environment
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and public holidays and to work at different campuses as required
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
To Apply: Please submit your CV, Cover Letter and Responses to Selection Criteria (skills and experience) nominated in the Position Please note applications sent to the contact below can not be accepted.
Associate Director, Learning Services and Library Spaces
T: +61 (2) 9065 7619
Applications close: Before 11:55pm Sunday 25th April
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend