Postdoctoral Fellow - Liquid Biopsy Technology
Job no: 501114
Work type: Part-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Post doctoral research fellow
Post-Doctoral Fellow - Liquid Biopsy Technology
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Medicine is a national leader in learning, teaching and research, with close affiliations to several of Australia’s finest hospitals, research institutes and health care organisations. With a strong presence at UNSW Kensington campus, the faculty have staff and students in teaching hospitals in Sydney as well as regional and rural areas of NSW including Albury/Wodonga, Coffs Harbour, Griffith, Port Macquarie and Wagga Wagga.
A Post-Doctoral Fellow is expected to contribute towards the research effort of UNSW to develop a novel liquid biopsy technology.
The role involves study and development of a new microfluidics device to fractionate blood. The candidate should be able to design, construct, and test the microchannels. Eventually, the candidate should fractionate the blood of a large number of patients using the developed technology.
About the role
- Based at Kensington campus, with the Faculty of Medicine & Health
- $97,368 + 17% Superannuation + leave loading, full time equivalent package
- One-year fixed term contract, 28 hours per week
The role of Post-Doctoral Fellow reports to Group Leader and has no direct reports.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A PhD in engineering with experience in microfluidics
- Experience with programming and working with a range of computer systems and applications, including SolidWorks and flow modelling software.
- Proven commitment to proactively keeping up to date with discipline knowledge and developments.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake high quality academic research and conduct independent research with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated track record of publications and conference presentations relative to opportunity.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships.
- Evidence of highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact with a diverse range of stakeholders and students
Your application should address the Skills and Experience listed within the position description.
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact officer listed.
Talent Acquisition Team Lead – Faculty of Medicine & Health
T: 0404 809939
Applications close: 11:55pm, Tuesday 9 March 2021
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend