Security Systems Operator
Job no: 501113
Work type: Full-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Estate / Facilities Management
- Continuing Position
- $88,782 - $ 94,709 + 17% Super
The role of the Security Systems Officer is to provide expert support and contribute to initiatives and improvement projects which ensure the security systems installed across the University are robust and operating effectively to protect the UNSW community, property and assets. This will be achieved through the day to day administration of access control systems, testing of critical lifesaving alarms, monitoring and analysing system faults, developing and maintaining the master key register.
Specific accountabilities for this role include:
- Program access permissions, business rules and access groups on Gallagher (Cardax) system.
- Monitor and review Alarm Viewer to ensure Critical/Very High/High priority alarms that remain active are reported and rectified promptly.
- Schedule and facilitate critical lifesaving alarm testing with clients as per procedure to ensure systems are operating effectively.
- Log reactive maintenance requests with the contractor and ensure requests are completed as per contract requirements.
- Consult with and provide recommendations to the university stakeholders on creating defined access groups to meet the clients’ operational needs whilst aligning with security system protocols.
- Develop and maintain the Master Key Register to ensure key management compliance. Review identified and/or reported breaches and provide recommendations to UNSW Security Management on the action required.
Skills and Experience required for this role include the following:
Specific skills and experience for this role include:
- A certification/diploma in security risk management desirable and/or relevant experience in a similar role. An expectation to work towards obtaining an NSW Security Licence Class 2AC.
- Demonstrated understanding for managing access, programming and reporting tasks within Gallagher System.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High-level critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to provide a high standard of fault analysis within Gallagher system (or similar).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team, and have high-level organisational skills with a proven ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
Please click Apply to submit your application online. Applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Please provide a cover letter addressing your suitability to the role.
A copy of the Position Description can be found here
Applications close: Sunday, 28th February, 2021 at 11:30pm
Talent Acquisition Lead
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity or Indigenous heritage.
UNSW partners with Australia’s leading diversity organisations, networks, and campaigns. Please refer to UNSW’s diversity offerings for further information on our flexible work and leave options, and support for carers (childcare, parent rooms, parental leave).
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend