Job no: 501016
Work type: Full-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
- Level 5 - $75k - $85K + Super + Leave Loading
- Continuing role
- Full time position 35 hours / week
About the Opportunity
The Administrator performs a critical role within the Pro Vice-Chancellor Education & Student Experience portfolio providing highly efficient and effective day-to-day administrative support of the portfolio’s activities, programs and projects and supporting the team in the delivery of our services, initiatives and related events.
This is a dynamic position expected to demonstrate skills and knowledge, independence and an appetite for the use of digital technologies and platforms in effectively and efficiently supporting the administrative activities of the portfolio. The role may be required to work flexible hours aligned with the needs of the portfolio.
About the Successful Candidate
To apply for this position you must have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification with subsequent relevant experience or equivalent competence gained through any combination of education, training and experience. An understanding of the practical application of UNSW administrative processes, systems and practice a distinct advantage.
- Outstanding organisational skills with proven ability to deal with multiple tasks, establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work flexibly, productively, and effectively as part of a team while operating autonomously and demonstrating strong initiative and a proactive approach to driving process improvements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to liaise effectively with all levels of staff and external stakeholders.
- Advanced level of computer literacy with excellent skills in Microsoft Office applications and databases eg CRM, Dynamics, Word, Visio, PowerPoint, and Excel as well as digital platforms.
- Experience in project and events coordination including preparation, execution, logistics and communications.
- Customer service orientation, together with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to build and maintain positive and professional relationships with staff at all levels and internal and external stakeholders.
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
To Apply: Please submit your CV, Cover Letter and Responses to Selection Criteria (skills and experience) nominated in the Position Description. Please note applications sent to the contact below can not be accepted.
Kim Symons, Talent Acquisition Consultant
Applications close: Before 11:55pm - Wednesday 10th March
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend