Job no: 500900
Work type: Full-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Post doctoral research fellow
The Black Dog Institute
Medicine and Health, UNSW
- Full time (35 hours/week) Fixed term for 12 months
- Salary: level A ($78K-104K) Plus superannuation and leave loading
- Sydney based
The Black Dog Institute is a Medical Research Institute affiliated with UNSW Sydney, and a global leader in translational mental health research. As part of The Australian Government response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Department of Health awarded the Black Dog Institute funding to develop and launch an e-health based solution to support the wellness and mental health of frontline workers. The Essential Network (TEN) launched in June 2020 and provides healthcare workers to an e-health hub with advice and resources for anxiety, depression and PTSD via automated and blended digital care. With this in view the Institute is seeking to appoint a Postdoctoral Fellow to assist with the development, implementation, and evaluation of blended digital and telehealth mental health support for frontline healthcare workers.
The Post-Doctoral Fellow will be responsible for leading the research-related activities relating to design and implementation of the evaluation study, identifying opportunities for collaboration and funding and assisting the broader team with other research related duties.
Skills and Experience:
- PhD in psychology/psychiatry/public health or related field, and/or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and/or and experience
- An excellent academic track record with demonstrated and proven experience in managing complex research projects, including strong organisation skills and demonstrated ability to prioritise workload and meet strict deadlines.
- Experience managing large data sets and running quantitative analyses on cross-sectional and longitudinal data.
- A track record in writing scientific manuscripts as well as a proven research and publication record in academic journals in relevant area or field, including the ability or potential to attract external research funding.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to liaise effectively with all levels of staff, students, management, collaborators and general public.
- Experience with digital health technologies, implementation, and/or clinical trials, non-essential but preferred.
You must have full Australian work rights for the duration of the position. You should systematically address all the selection criteria (skills and experience section of the PD) found in the position description.
PD-Postdoctoral Fellow 500900.pdf
Contact: Melissa Black
Applications Close: 20 January 2021
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend