Research Assistant – Gene Therapy
Job no: 500882
Work type: Part-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Research Administration support
The School of Medical Sciences (SOMS) is the largest School within UNSW Medicine, and one of the largest at UNSW. The School is based largely within the Wallace Wurth (Medicine) Building on the Kensington campus, and includes the UNSW Lifestyle Clinic on High Street, Randwick. School of Medical Sciences
- Part-time (0.8 FTE), Fixed-term contract until 30th September 2021.
- $75, 832 Prorated (+ 17% superannuation & leave loading)
- Sydney, Australia based.
The Research Assistant will work as part of a multidisciplinary team of researchers in the area of gene therapy development for white matter disorders presenting as leukodystrophies. The position will provide technical and research assistance to senior research staff in activities associated with various research projects. Research Assistant Lev 5 PD SOMS.pdf
Skills and Experience
- Degree in biological sciences (or a related/relevant discipline), or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training or experience.
- Excellent neuroscience research skills, including practical experience in recombinant adeno-associated viral vector packaging and directed manipulation of gene expression in the CNS.
- Background in leukodystrophy functional genomics and pathophysiology in pre-clinical models.
- Experience in behavioural assessment of pre-clinical models of brain disorders.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise own workload and work independently as well as an effective member of a team.
- High level interpersonal and negotiation skills including ability to liaise effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Contact (For job related queries only):
Dr. Dominik Fröhlich E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 11pm, 24th January 2021
Find out more about working at UNSW at https://med.unsw.edu.au/
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend