Job no: 500839
Work type: Full-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
- Provide high-level executive administrative support to the Vice-President, Director Operations
- 12-month Maternity Leave replacement
- $97,381 - $105,395 + 17% Super
About the role
The Division of Operations comprises Finance, Estate Management, IT and HR.
Reporting to the Executive Officer, Division of Finance and Operations, this role is responsible for providing high-level executive administrative support to the Vice-President (VP), Director Operations and provide administrative and governance support to the Office of the VP.
Specific accountabilities for this role include:
- Provide superior executive support and management of the VP’s schedule and all aspects associated with it, including the monitoring and prioritising of emails, preparation of responses, and ensuring the review of papers and pre-reading is actioned in a timely manner;
- Respond to a range of enquiries including complex and diverse matters, by interpreting and applying University and Faculty policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Liaison on behalf of the VP with various stakeholders and senior managers internal and external for the coordination of briefs and papers.
- Provision of executive support to organisational or strategic committees or panels on a regular basis.
- Research and integrate information from various sources to prepare comprehensive documentation, correspondence, reports, and presentations for the VP that may involve sensitive and confidential information
- Management of day-to-day aspects of the office and other process-related matters across the Executive group. Promote a culture of continuous improvement within the VP’s office, through continual review of effective administrative processes and systems, implementing and communicating improved work practices where appropriate.
- Coordinate the VP’s travel arrangements including flight and transport bookings, itineraries, accommodation, conference registrations and any other requirements
- Support with Governance paper submissions, including the management of deadlines and quality of submissions to the Office of the VP.
- Financial administration and maintenance of all travel and credit card accounts and cost centre codes associated with the Office of the VP. This includes maintenance of stationery requirements, equipment and basic purchasing as required.
- Working as a team with the MB Executive Assistants to ensure the smooth running of the Management Board team.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant degree with extensive relevant experience supporting a senior manager or executive, or equivalent competence gained through another combination of education, training, and experience
- Superior time management and organisational skills with a proven ability to manage upwards to support establishment of priorities, manage multiple tasks and meet competing deadlines without supervision.
- Demonstrated experience working with a high degree of confidentiality and integrity and the ability to work flexible hours as required.
- Excellent and professional interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills including ability to establish relationships and influence a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
- A performance-oriented approach with strong customer service skills and willingness to receive ongoing feedback on performance.
- Proven ability to apply extensive knowledge and experience to analyse and resolve complex and sensitive matters efficiently and effectively, with discretion, tact and sound judgment Strong computer skills, in particular Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and financial software programs, as well as demonstrated ability to report and analyse metrics from relevant sources.
- Demonstrated ability to apply, interpret, advise on, and develop protocols, procedures, guidelines, and administrative systems.
Please include a cover letter to note your suitability to this position.
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
A copy of the Position Description can be found here
Simone Donovan, Talent Acquisition Lead
T: (61 2) 9065 7278
Applications close: Monday, 25th January 2021 at 11:30pm
Please disable "Pop-up Blockers" to view Position Description Document
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend