Director, Cyber Security / CISO
Job no: 500714
Work type: Full-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Information Technology
- 5 year fixed term contract
A key and strategic role to UNSW, the position of Director, Cyber Security (Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)) is a high-visibility and critical leadership role. The role has clearly established autonomy, authority, and accountability for actions and decisions related to UNSW cyber security and Cyber risk; including consideration for information technology, financial, reputation, and people. The role also heads the enterprise identity and identity management function within UNSW and therefore has responsibility to ensure a well-designed and well-managed identity function and teams.
The role has visibility, exposure, and access to some of the most sensitive and critical data, information, materials, and assets of UNSW and therefore the CISO must be discrete and completely trustworthy.
The role of Director, Cyber Security (Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)) reports to the Chief Digital Officer. The CISO is expected to contribute to and support the broader UNSW IT function. The CISO has 3 direct reports. Within a team of 15 permanent employees. There are also variable contractor resources, based on the changing needs of the University.
- Provide strategic cyber thought leadership to the University senior management and Council to enable informed decision making.
- Maintaining the Enterprise Cyber Risks and reviewing regularly with Enterprise risk and the risk committee.
- Deliver programs to raise cyber awareness and effect cyber behavioural change across UNSW.
- Lead the implementation and maintenance of the DISP compliance as required.
- Develop and implement UNSW cyber strategy, enterprise security architecture design and information security policy framework.
- Ensure that the cyber security objectives of the University Foreign Interference Guidelines are met by the UNSW cyber strategy.
- Build productive relationships with related functions, such as Legal, Privacy, UPP, UNSW Cyber School and lead the provision of authoritative advice and guidance on the requirements for cyber security controls in collaboration with those areas.
- Be accountable for the content and effectiveness of the NWOW cyber guardrails,
- Drive to closure identified exposures and vulnerabilities by tasking owners with activities to remediate and control those exposures
- Represent UNSW in industry forums to provide thought leadership across the sector.
- Degree in computer science or related discipline (e.g. ITIL Master), with proven experience in technical field, ideally within a large complex organisation.
- Demonstrable experience in a Cyber Security leadership role for at least 5 years in a comparable organisation
- A proven approach to developing and delivering a risk-based approach to Cyber Security.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of a broad range of security technologies e.g. encryption, multifactor authentication, endpoint protection, IDS/IPS, PCI, access control, vulnerability management toolsets, malware defences, protective monitoring, physical security controls
- Demonstrated experience in formulating and implementing cyber-security strategy in complex organisations.
- Highly developed networking, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills with an ability to influence senior management and ability to explain technical matters to non-technical users.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-moving IT landscape and keep pace with latest thinking and new security technologies
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to engage at all levels of an organisation, up to Board and CEO level.
If you are interested, please apply online and submit your resume and a cover letter expressing your interest in this role - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
To view the full position description - Position Description - Cyber Security - CISO Director.
Contact for information:
Ralph Hitti, Talent Acquisition Consultant
Applications close: Thursday 4th February, 11pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend