Postdoctoral Fellow – Breast Cancer Research/Signal Transduction
Job no: 500671
Work type: Full-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Post doctoral research fellow
The School of Medical Sciences (SoMS) is the largest School within UNSW Medicine, and one of the largest at UNSW. The School is based largely within the Wallace Wurth (Medicine) Building on the Kensington campus, but also includes the Museum of Human Disease in the Samuels Building and the UNSW Lifestyle Clinic on High Street, Randwick. Single Molecule Science UNSW
- 1-Year, Full time Fixed-term opportunity
- Level A: $77K - $103K (+ 17% superannuation & leave loading)
- Sydney, Australia based.
The Postdoctoral position is funded by a US Department of Defense Breast Cancer Research Grant and an NHMRC Project Grant. The successful candidate will investigate how breast cancer cells interact with stromal cells using novel transgenic mouse models and volumetric calcium imaging. This project will push the boundaries of knowledge in the fields of breast cancer and signal transduction via cutting edge experimentation. The successful applicant will drive this research project in the Davis group. They will actively support students and other researchers in the group and help to define and drive new research directions that are aligned with the overall goals of the laboratory.
Please refer to the position description for more details. Postdoctoral Fellow Level A SMSL PD
Skills and Experience
- PhD in cell biology, biophysics or a related area.
- Demonstrated expertise in animal experimentation.
- Demonstrated experience with light microscopy (calcium imaging, confocal imaging and/or intravital imaging are an advantage).
- Track record of driving and publishing high quality scientific research papers in a relevant area or field
- Experience in writing and obtaining research funding.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work effectively as a member of a diverse and inclusive team, including training and mentoring of students.
- Demonstrated commitment to institutional and/or academic service.
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Contact (For job related queries only):
Dr Felicity Davis E: email@example.com
Applications close: 11pm, 15th December 2020
Find out more about working at UNSW at https://med.unsw.edu.au/
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend