Research Associate / Senior Research Associate
Job no: 500655
Work type: Full-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Post doctoral research fellow
The Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering is internationally recognised for its contributions by highly experienced academic staff who offer a high-quality educational experience and dedicated researchers who conduct world-class research and have made astounding breakthroughs. The vision of the Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering is to provide the best research and teaching outcomes relevant to the development of applications in the human health sector to help in the diagnosis, treatment and quality of life of Australians with life-threatening or debilitating diseases and conditions. For further information about the School, please visit Biomedical Engineering UNSW
- Full time, Fixed-term opportunity for approx. 30 months (Jan 2021 – Jun 2023)
- Academic Level A-B: $78K - $128K (+ 17% superannuation & leave loading)
- Sydney, Australia based
- Full working rights will be required for the full duration of the contract
The Research Associate / Senior Research Associate will drive and contribute to research on biomaterials interactions with the endothelial cell surface glycocalyx for vascular applications. These findings have implications for the discovery of effective treatments for vascular complications associated with conditions such as diabetes and cancer. The role will be a part of a dynamic research team at UNSW Sydney and will collaborate with Synedgen Inc (https://www.synedgen.com/).
The role of Research Associate / Senior Research Associate reports to Associate Professor Megan Lord and has no direct reports. Please see the attached position description for full details. Research Associate Senior Research Associate - Level AB
Skills and Experience
- PhD (or soon to be awarded) in Biomedical Engineering, Biophysics, Biochemistry or related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in cell and extracellular matrix interactions with biomaterials using biochemical, biophysical and/or advanced cell imaging tools.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated track record of publications and conference presentations relative to opportunity.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate and interact with a diverse range of stakeholders and students.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
Level B (in addition to the above):
- PhD in Biomedical Engineering, Biophysics, Biochemistry or related discipline.
- At least two years of experience in a postdoctoral position conducting research in the field of biomaterials, extracellular matrix biochemistry and/or advanced cell imaging.
- Proven research and publication track record, particularly in high quality peer-reviewed journals
- Demonstrated ability to supervise honours and postgraduate research students.
Demonstrated expertise in cell and extracellular matrix interactions with biomaterials using biochemical, biophysical and/or advanced cell imaging tools.
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Contact (For job related queries only):
A/Professor Megan Lord E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 11pm, 10th December 2020.
Find out more about working at UNSW at https://www.unsw.edu.au/
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend