Job no: 500654
Work type: Full-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Research Administration support
The Kirby Institute
- Opportunity to coordinate and contribute to innovative projects to reduce sexually transmissible infections.
- World class research facilities
- Full time (35 hours/week) until 31/10/2021
- Salary: $87K-$93K plus 9.5% superannuation and leave loading
The Kirby Institute is a leading global research institute dedicated to the prevention and treatment of infectious diseases, with a long-standing program of research focusing on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health. An opportunity exists for a Research Officer within the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Program (ATSIHP) will coordinate and contribute to innovative projects to reduce sexually transmissible infections.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Postgraduate qualifications and previous research project management in Aboriginal Health or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health, public health or primary health care settings.
- Demonstrated experience in stakeholder engagement, ideally with organisations with alignment to the program (i.e. peak Aboriginal and Torres Strait representative bodies, Aboriginal Medical Services/Aboriginal Controlled Health Organisations etc).
- Experience in public health for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander health and/or sexually transmissible infections.
- Knowledge of research design, protocol development and ethical conduct of human research, and reporting against milestones.
- Experience working with a range of computer systems and applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Demonstrated experience using STATA or similar software will be highly regarded.
This position is open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants only.
UNSW has obtained an exemption under section 126 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW) to designate and recruit professional and academic positions for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander persons only, to fulfil UNSW’s goal of a representative workforce rate.
You should systematically address the selection criteria in your application. Please apply on-line and do not send applications via email.
PD-Research Officer 500654.pdf
Dr Skye McGregor
Applications close: 7th December 2020
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend