Job no: 500438
Work type: Full-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Estate / Facilities Management
- Support the implementation of strategies for UNSW’s real estate property holdings
- Continuing role
- $88,782 - $94,709 + 17% Super
Provide strategic & operational management of the UNSW retail, commercial portfolio and external property contractual relationships.
The Retail and Leasing team within the Asset Management unit of Estate Management provides strategic & operational management of the UNSW retail, commercial portfolio and external property contractual relationships. In collaboration with the Space Management function to the Retail and Leasing team provide strategic guidance to UNSW in the planning needs and opportunities of the UNSW estate. This position supports the implementation of strategies for UNSW’s real property holdings, ensuring they are optimised and aligned with the University’s long term masterplan and UNSW 2025+ Strategy and contribution to an enjoyable and productive campus experience for our students, staff and wider community.
The EM Property Officer will assist in the management of property leases to ensure all financial returns to UNSW and that obligations are met. This position will provide administrative support in the operational management process of UNSW’s real property holdings.
- Specific accountabilities for this role include:
- Support the lease management function including accurate preparation and issuing of rental invoices (to the University’s tenants), payment of rental invoices (where UNSW is a tenant), monitor rental payments, follow up rental arrears and attend to discrepancies as required.
- Support leasing process where required including ensuring accurate property data in contracts and raise purchase orders for property-related expenditure for approval and payment.
- Manage documents held within safe custody and electronic filing systems (currently RAMS), including titles, leases, licenses, insurance certificates of currency, bank guarantee registers in approved management systems
Skills and Experience required for this role include the following:
- Strong background in property administration, preferably in a commercial real estate or legal environment
- An understanding of the key legal and commercial aspects of a lease and property acquisition and disposal transactions.
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills, strength in time management and attention to detail, including in the preparation and execution of financial reconciliations.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a proven capacity to exercise initiative and develop solutions.
- Highly articulate written and verbal communication style, including a demonstrated ability to prepare routine correspondence and reports.
- Proven extensive experience in delivering high-quality customer service whilst maintaining a proactive and solution-focused attitude, with a demonstrated ability to perform to multiple tight and conflicting deadlines.
- Strong computer skills, including intermediate experience working with the MS Office suite, a working knowledge of document management software, word processing, database management, email and internet. Experience with financial software and property management software esp. lease administration systems desirable.
To apply: If contributing to a to an enjoyable and productive campus experience is of interest to you, please click Apply
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Please include a cover letter to note your suitability to this position.
A copy of the Position Description can be found here
Talent Acquisition Lead
T: +61 2 9065 7278
M: 0434 305 100
Applications close: 11:55pm, Sunday, 24th January 2021
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity or Indigenous heritage. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
UNSW partners with Australia’s leading diversity organisations, networks, and campaigns. Please refer to UNSW’s diversity offerings for further information on our flexible work and leave options, and support for carers (childcare, parent rooms, parental leave).
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend