Job no: 500393
Work type: Full-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Student Services, WPC
- Continuing position
- $69K to $73K + Super
- Full time 35 hours per week
The Handyperson is responsible for general maintenance of the UNSW Student Accommodation facilities (including outdoor areas and apartments), daily maintenance duties (e.g. light globes and replacing locks), basic kitchen and bathroom maintenance, acting as an on-site contact for external contractors and trades persons, assisting with spot, scheduled and end of semester room checks and providing advice on maintenance issues when required.
Skills and Experience
- Completion of a Certificate and/or relevant experience in Handy Worker duties or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Demonstrated ability to perform a variety of repair work appropriate to UNSW Student Accommodation.
- Previous experience in delivering quality customer service, high attention to detail and workmanship
- Ability to meet tight timeframes while maintaining accuracy and customer service.
- Demonstrated initiative in problem solving, being receptive and open to new ideas and can adjust and respond accordingly.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
Please click Apply to submit your application online. Applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Talent Acquisition Consultant
Applications close: before 11pm Wednesday 27th Jan 2021
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity or Indigenous heritage. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
UNSW partners with Australia’s leading diversity organisations, networks, and campaigns. Please refer to UNSW’s diversity offerings for further information on our flexible work and leave options, and support for carers (childcare, parent rooms, parental leave).
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend