Technology Manager - Education, Enterprise & Research
Job no: 500364
Work type: Full-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Information Technology
- Senior Appointment
The Technology Manager will play a key leadership role within a “sub Domain”. The purpose of the Technology manager role is to lead the day to day delivery teams to execute on the technology roadmap for the Education, Enterprise & Research domain.
The role has overall responsibility for a team of employees and contractors associated with the technology delivery within a specific “sub Domain”, and consequently the incumbent will build and inspire a high performance culture across their team as well as the wider technology community and foster a commitment to continuous improvement.
The Technology Manager will report directly to the Head of Solutions.
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualification in information technology or equivalent together with significant experience in software design and delivery
- Extensive experience in the management of software solution delivery including packaged and bespoke solutions
- Well versed in the system development lifecycles and their relationship to project delivery methods including waterfall and agile
- Demonstrated experience selecting best suited Delivery Models to be employed on projects (Agile, Waterfall, or Hybrid)
- Advanced interpersonal, negotiating and influencing skills with the ability and capacity to exercise initiative, build credibility and provide expert advice to influence outcomes
- Strong presentation skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to structure and articulate messages to different audiences
- Previous experience in higher education will be highly regarded
- Advanced experience in budget management, cost estimations, and Project Delivery on time and within these budgets
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ensuring that the underlying problem is understood, and a robust approach / solution is developed
- Demonstrated people management responsibilities and/or allocation of resources within a department or project environment
- Proven communication and stakeholder management skills across a wide range of stakeholders
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training
Please click Apply to submit your application online. Applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Position Description - Technology Manager - Enterprise, Education and Research - Final (1)-1.pdf
Talent Acquisition Consultant
Applications close: 11:55pm, 17 May 2021
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity or Indigenous heritage. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
UNSW partners with Australia’s leading diversity organisations, networks, and campaigns. Please refer to UNSW’s diversity offerings for further information on our flexible work and leave options, and support for carers (childcare, parent rooms, parental leave).
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend