Lead Solution Architect - Finance/HR
Job no: 500325
Work type: Full-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Information Technology
- Continuing position at UNSW
- Senior Appointment
The Solution Architect will oversee the design and communication of high-level structures to enable and guide the design and development of integrated solutions that meet current and future business needs
The role will also provide high level advice and recommendations, based on specialist expertise and experience, to address customer needs.
The role is accountable to the Sub-Domain Head of Solutions in their respective Domain and works in conjunction with the Technology Managers, Enterprise Architect and Program/Project Managers.
Skills and Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification as well as a minimum of eight years’ professional experience in software development including at least three years’ in a Solution Architecture role.
- Well-developed solution architecture and system design skills.
- An understanding of Industry recognised architectural frameworks
- Demonstrated understanding of procurement practices
- An understanding of various delivery lifecycles and where and why they should be used
- An understanding of Cloud, Managed Service and on-site deployment and integration architectures
- A well-developed appreciation of the relationship between Solution Architecture and Enterprise Architecture.
- Strong presentation skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to structure and articulate messages to different audiences at all levels.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, ensuring that the underlying problem is understood and a robust approach / solution is developed.
- Recognised as a subject matter expert, able to give specialist advice to others and with experience of driving technology change.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with different levels in an organisation.
- Ability to maintain knowledge of leading and emerging practices in Solution Architecture and provide detailed advice regarding their application and execution in practice.
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training
Please click Apply to submit your application online. Applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Position Description - Lead Solution Architect - Finance and Divisional Solutions
Talent Acquisition Consultant
Applications close: 11:55pm, 26 October 2021
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity or Indigenous heritage. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
UNSW partners with Australia’s leading diversity organisations, networks, and campaigns. Please refer to UNSW’s diversity offerings for further information on our flexible work and leave options, and support for carers (childcare, parent rooms, parental leave).
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend