Lead Business Analyst - Student
- Senior appointment
The Lead Business Analyst will lead the work Business Analysts and, at times, Application Developers dependent on the scale and scope of project work.
The role is accountable to the Sub-Domain Head of Solutions in their respective Domain and works in conjunction with the Technology Managers, Enterprise Architect and Program/Project Managers.
This role exercises substantial personal responsibility and autonomy, plans own work to meet given objectives and processes, and works within a clear framework of accountability.
This role influences customers, suppliers and partners at account level and has responsibility of managing and leading teams, as well as the allocation of resources.
The incumbent is required to make critical decisions which influence the success of projects, service delivery and team objectives. Collaborates regularly with team members, users and customers and engages to ensure that user needs are being met throughout. Work includes a broad range of complex technical or professional activities, and investigates, defines and resolves complex issues.
Has a thorough understanding of recognised generic industry and specialist bodies of knowledge, actively maintains own knowledge and is able to apply knowledge effectively in unfamiliar situations.
Maintains an awareness of developing practices and their application, takes responsibility for driving own development and supports the development of team.
This position will report to the Sub-Domain Head of Solutions and leads a team of Business Analysts and at times Application Developers.
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in IT, Business or related discipline together with 7+ years’ experience in business systems analysis and specification.
- Extensive experience in establishing BA practices supporting the development of policies, methods, tools and templates commonly used and followed by BAs in the delivery of their services.
- Sound knowledge of the system development life cycle and the positioning of business analysis within it. Has a proven track record of working within appropriate project management methodologies utilising the best of Waterfall and Agile methods.
- Proven ability to lead the implementation of robust digital strategies to deliver business outcomes and experience with driving technology change.
- Effective analytical, business planning and budgeting skills, with demonstrated experience in strategic and operational planning.
- Strong leadership and effective people management skills, with experience in building effective / high performance teams along with developing and retaining staff.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills including ability to develop effective relationships and influence key stakeholders at all levels in the organisation.
- Proven ability to exercise independent judgement and problem solving with the ability to resolve and address issues as they arise.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training
Position Description - Click Here
Please click Apply to submit your application online. Applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Applications close: 11:55pm, 8 March 2021
Ralph Hitti, Talent Acquisition
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity or Indigenous heritage.
UNSW partners with Australia’s leading diversity organisations, networks, and campaigns. Please refer to UNSW’s diversity offerings for further information on our flexible work and leave options, and support for carers (childcare, parent rooms, parental leave).