Library Learning Services Intern
Job no: 500250
Work type: Part-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
- $69K – $73K pro rata + 17% super + Leave Loading
- Multiple roles available
- Kensington location
- Fixed term
- Part Time – 28 hours per week
UNSW Library is one of Australia’s major research libraries, with extensive scholarly information resources, services and facilities. It serves a large population of academic and research staff and students on two campuses and affiliated research institutes. The Library serves 3 million in-person visitors and 20 million online interactions a year and features world class collections, services and facilities. There are three library sites including Main Library and Herbert Smith Freehills Law Library (Kensington) and the Paddington Campus Library as well as a close working relationship with the Academy Library - UNSW Canberra – Australian Defence Force Academy (ADFA). The Library is a department within the Division of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor Academic (DVCA).
About the role
Library Learning Services Interns deliver innovative, sustainable, scalable and high-quality services to meet the rapidly-changing expectations of students, staff and stakeholders via face to face and digital channels and contribute to the development and provision of an adaptive, collaborative, student-centred and high-performing professional culture within the Learning Services team. The Library Learning Services Interns work closely with staff from other units of the Library and the University to ensure the provision of a high level of service to clients.
About the successful applicant
Library Learning Services Intern positions are designed for candidates who are recent graduates, or in their final year of librarianship studies, and are looking for valuable on-the-job work experience in an academic library. Opportunities are provided to develop broader capabilities and leadership experience, according to the intern’s interests and the Library’s strategic priorities. An undergraduate degree in any discipline plus librarianship studies (recently completed or in final year of study), will be viewed favourably.
More specifically you must have:
- A recent graduate, or in the final year of study, of an ALIA accredited library and information science qualification conferring eligibility for ALIA Associate or Technician Membership
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of high quality, consistent and effective Library and information services
- Knowledge of best practice and current trends in front-line library service delivery in an academic environment
- A commitment to continuous learning and professional development
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively liaise and communicate with clients
- Demonstrated interpersonal and professional skills, including the ability to engage positively and maturely with clients
- Ability to work and make decisions in a multi-tasking role with overlapping priorities and deadlines within a team environment
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and public holidays and to work at different campuses as required
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
To Apply: Please apply online submitting your CV, Cover Letter and responses to Selection Criteria (skills and experience) nominated in the Position Description.
Talent Acquisition Consultant
Applications close: Wednesday 20th Jan before 11pm
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend