Associate Professor/Professor Construction Management and Property
Provide strategic leadership to the program and make significant contributions to research (grants and contracts, publications), teaching and scholarship, as well as contribute to the effective functioning of the School and Faculty.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of UNSW’s newest faculty, Arts, Design & Architecture (ADA) and join the School of Built Environment, rated equal first in Australia in the field of ‘Building’ in ERA-2018 (Excellence in Research) and 33rd in the world by QS 2021 Subject Rankings. In 2021 the Australian Annual Research Review ranked UNSW 1st for Built Environment fields in the country.
Through creativity, collaboration and inclusion we seek and solve problems to improve life on earth. We listen, challenge, create and share diverse knowledge about people, place and culture to enable lives with purpose.
We are six Schools, six research centres, home to three prestigious ARC Laureates, the stunning Esme Timbery theatre and Creative Practice Lab, UNSW Galleries, iCinema, the Design Futures Lab, and multiple other maker spaces, Institutes, Labs and Studios across our Kensington and Paddington campuses.
As a new faculty, it is our priority to develop an Indigenous Strategy to affect long-term change in the educational outcomes of Indigenous students and the intellectual and cultural integrity of Indigenous teaching and research across the faculty.
The Construction Management and Property Program in the School of Built Environment is looking for an outstanding teaching and research academic to join our team. The Program offers degrees in Construction Management and Property at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels, and represents one of the foremost programs for construction management and property research and education in Australia and indeed internationally. The successful applicant will work closely with Dr Philip Oldfield, Head Of School and Dr. Chyi Lin Lee, Director of Construction.
As the Associate Professor/Professor you will provide strategic leadership and make significant contributions to research, teaching, scholarship, and publications, as well as contribute to the effective functioning of the Faculty.
Competitive research start-up support is available for the right candidate
- Associate Lecturer- Level D, $160,506 to $176,305 per annum + 17% superannuation
- Professor – Level E, $205,283 per annum + 17% superannuation
- Full time
- 3-year Convertible Tenure Track (CTT)
- Location: Kensington – Sydney, Australia
Skills & Experience
Associate Professor (Level D)
- PhD and/or recognised significant experience in the relevant discipline area as appropriate; a strong record of academic achievement, and the ability to attract competitive research funding
- A record of demonstrable scholarly and professional achievement in the relevant discipline area
- Demonstrated academic excellence evidenced by an outstanding contribution to teaching and/or research and/or the profession.
- The potential to be an academic leader at UNSW.
- Demonstrated capacity to bring new experimental and conceptual approaches to practice-based research and teaching in your indicated area of interest.
- A commitment to and enjoyment of teaching, including face to face, online and blended modes
- A demonstrated ability to work positively and cooperatively in a teaching and research environment.
- The ability to collaborate with other disciplines in the Faculty and across other Faculties is encouraged.
- Capacity and willingness to contribute to administrative tasks in the Faculty.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
Professor (Level E)
- A doctoral qualification (or equivalent) in the Construction Management and Property fields.
- Experience in the design and the delivery of high-quality curriculum and/or program material for both discipline specific and faculty wide teaching and/or research activities.
- Demonstrated academic leadership in research, teaching, administration, and staff development.
- An outstanding research record and international reputation with the capacity to bring new experimental and conceptual approaches to practice-based research and teaching.
- A record of significant contributions in both teaching and research, with the latter evidenced in Q1 scholarly journal publications and Cat 1-4 research funding.
- The ability to attract competitive research funding, particularly Cat 1 research grants.
- High standing and visibility in the international community evidenced by e.g. editorship of scholarly journals, keynote addresses and membership in internationally respected professional organisations, programme committees of prestigious conferences etc.
- Excellent connection with the industry and professional bodies locally and internationally.
- Extensive experience in research supervision.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in developing and implementing innovative teaching methods including transdisciplinary blended and online approaches.
- The ability to work collegially and be an academic leader at UNSW.
- Proven capacity to work effectively and negotiate sensitively with students, particularly on issues related to effective learning in individual and group situations and attending to cross-cultural factors in the student experience.
- Align with and actively demonstrate the UNSW Values in Action: Our Behaviours and the UNSW Code of Conduct
- Cooperate with all health and safety policies and procedures of the university and take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health & safety of yourself or others
Additional details about the specific responsibilities for these positions can be found in the position description.
To Apply: If you are interested in an academic role that conducts independent research and delivers excellent teaching, please submit your CV, Cover Letter and responses to the Skills and Experience.
Applicants are actively encouraged not to include conference/journal/CORE rankings but should instead focus on the impact of their research outputs in describing the excellence of their research.
Please note applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed below.
Persa Tzakis – Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant
Applications close: Tuesday, 21st December 2021 at 4:30pm. Please note that due to university summer shutdown interviews will be taking place in early 2022.
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds.
UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.