PPMO Assurance Specialist
Job no: 499990
Work type: Full-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Information Technology
- Continuing role
- Up to134k base + 17% super + leave loading
About the role
The PPMO Assurance Specialist plays a lead role within the PPMO in UNSW IT. The role entails supporting the PPMO Assurance Manager to maximise quality and minimise the cost of the IT project portfolio through assuring delivery teams leverage best practice methodologies and align with UNSW’s governance pathways and technology quality standards.
Quality assurance plays a crucial role for UNSW by ensuring that our projects meet acceptable quality, risk and compliance thresholds.
The role is responsible for delivery of the assurance plan (performing and tracking) for the IT portfolio. The PPMO Assurance Specialist is an expert in governance, frameworks and methodologies and the end-to-end project lifecycle.
- Provide significant contribution to the development and execution of a holistic, risk-based quality assurance plan for the IT portfolio, inclusive of governance forums, funding pathways, tailoring of artefacts and creating standards for project and program reporting.
- Lead and conduct project assurance reviews or related activities at different stages of delivery; providing actionable insights and follow-up support as required.
- Develop and provide ongoing maintenance of Assurance Reporting for the IT PPMO.
- Support and facilitate project managers and teams to understand the need for IT standards to support high quality, low risk delivery outcomes.
- Lead the development and delivery of targeted training about UNSW’s governance pathways and quality standards.
- Support leadership in optimizing the way in which the IT PPMO work, including practices, organisation, and resourcing to promote team dynamics and opportunities for continuous improvement.
Skills and Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification with subsequent relevant experience or equivalent competence gained through any combination of education, training and experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in a Project Assurance role, or as a PMO professional/Project Manager using a formal Project Management methodology.
- Sound ability to successfully coach delivery teams to ensure quality outcomes are delivered.
- Excellent consultation, influencing and negotiation skills and proven ability to engage effectively with diverse stakeholders to achieve successful outcomes.
- Proven ability to develop complex reporting data and interpret useful insights. Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills and proven capacity to exercise initiative, flexibility and to be proactive in development of robust solutions to problems.
- Demonstrated success working effectively and collaboratively on initiatives with a range of people at different levels within an organisation.
- Strong time management skills, with a demonstrated ability to respond to changing priorities, manage multiple tasks and meet competing deadlines by using judgement and initiative.
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Apply with your resume and cover letter (the selection criteria is not required)
Ralph Hitti, Talent Acquisition Consultant
T: ((02) 9065 7210
Applications close: 17 Feb 2021, 11:55pm
Find out more about working at UNSW at your Faculty/Division web address
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend