Business Project Manager - SPOT
Job no: 521699
Work type: full time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Project Management
Business Project Manager - SPOT
- Employment Type: Full time (35 hours per week)
- Duration: 3-year contract
- Remuneration: Level 9 $138,171 - $146,613 (depending on experience) + 17% super + leave loading
- Location: Kensington, NSW (Hybrid Working)
UNSW isn’t like other places you’ve worked. Yes, we’re a large organisation with a diverse and talented community; a community doing extraordinary things. Together, we are driven to be thoughtful, practical, and purposeful in all we do. Taking this combined approach is what makes our work matter. It’s the reason we’re one of the top 20 universities in the world and a member of Australia’s prestigious Group of Eight. If you want a career where you can thrive, be challenged and do meaningful work, you’re in the right place.
Why Your Role Matters:
The Strategic Projects and Operations Team (SPOT) leads the development and implementation of programmatic change initiatives that solve problems across the University. SPOT consults extensively and collaborates with stakeholders to initiate and deliver projects determined by senior leadership based on University strategic objectives. No project is the same and stakeholders differ according to the project. SPOT adds extra value by strengthening UNSW internal skills and capability. Working closely with the SPOT Director, this is a rare opportunity to make a tangible difference and shape the direction of the team in line with UNSW strategy.
- Project management, including development, planning, process and initiation.
- Deliver a yearly strategic plan to Management Board and the Senior Leadership Team.
- Define, communicate and clarify the project’s scope, objectives and deliverables.
- Engage and report to stakeholders ensuring quality assurance.
- Proactively lead and manage projects adherence to UNSW governance pathways.
- Develop and implement frameworks, principles, tools and methods.
- Drive a continuous improvement community of practice across the University.
- Manage project dependencies, risks, issues, change requests and financial.
Who You Are:
- Extensive business focussed project management experience with relevant education.
- A passion for making an impact and comfortable challenging the status quo.
- Proactive nature, strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience consulting with competing stakeholders to gain scope definition often within an ambiguous project area.
- Excellent communication, consultation, influencing and negotiation skills with specific emphasis on stakeholder collaboration.
- Experience managing and engaging stakeholders at all levels both internal and external.
- Demonstrated experience managing a project team to meet deliverables.
- An understanding of governance sequences.
Further details can be found in a copy of the Position Description linked below or via JOBS@UNSW.
Benefits and Culture:
People are at the core of everything we do. We recognise it is the contributions of our staff who make UNSW one of the best universities in Australia and the world.
Our benefits include:
- Career development opportunities
- 17% Superannuation contributions and additional leave loading payments
- Additional 3 days of leave over Christmas period
- Discounts and entitlements (retail, education, fitness)
For further details on the benefits, please visit https://www.jobs.unsw.edu.au/lifestyle-benefits
To Apply: If this is of interest to you, please submit your CV, Cover Letter and responses to the Skills and Experience outlined in the position description.
Contact: Amy Denney: Talent Acquisition Coordinator e: email@example.com
Please note applications sent directly to the contacts above cannot be accepted.
Applications close: 11.55pm, 29th February 2024
UNSW is committed to equity diversity and inclusion. Applications from women, people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, those living with disabilities, members of the LGBTIQ+ community; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend