Casual Academic Talent Pool - Medicine - Centre for Big Data Research in Health
Job no: 511514
Work type: casual
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Tutor, Lecturer, Other, Demonstrator
The Centre for Big Data Research in Health within the Faculty of Medicine & Health is seeking expressions of interest from qualified individuals for casual teaching opportunities in the Master of Science in Health Data Science program.
We encourage Expressions of Interest from new and experienced tutors, demonstrators, markers and lecturers who are excited to be a part of an integrated teaching team.
About the role
Your role is to provide casual teaching support to the course convenors. Your duties may include demonstrating in tutorials, workshops or practical classes, marking, and other miscellaneous course related activities.
You will need:
- A degree in statistics, biostatistics, epidemiology, data science, or a related discipline, and/or relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate efficiently with students and course convenors
- Proficiency with software applications commonly used in teaching (e.g. Office 365: Word, Excel, Teams, and learning management systems such as Moodle), as well as software packages (R, Python or SAS)
- Commitment to follow the UNSW Code of Conduct which deals with confidentiality, discrimination, health and safety, harassment, etc
- Willingness to complete Workplace Health & Safety training and other relevant training as required by UNSW before commencing work.
UNSW is committed to evolving a culture that embraces equity and supports a diverse and inclusive community where everyone can participate fairly, in a safe and respectful environment. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and encourage applications from people of diverse gender, sexual orientation, cultural and linguistic backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability and those with caring and family responsibilities. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend