Senior Specialist - Security Operations
Job no: 511157
Work type: full time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Information Technology
- Permanent opportunity
- Flexible working arrangements
- Attractive salary
The role of Senior Specialist - Security Infrastructure Operations is responsible for the management of our catalogue of cyber security services. This includes the implementation, configuration, and support of cyber security services deployed across multiple environments including on-premises, public, and hybrid cloud in close collaboration with our vendors and suppliers.
The Senior Specialist, Security Infrastructure Operations will have thorough knowledge and experience with cloud native security services in AWS, Azure, and Microsoft 365, as well as security controls deployed in on-premises environments such as network security, endpoint security, application security, etc.
The role reports directly to the Manager, Security Infrastructure Operations.
- Implement, configure, update, and optimise security services and technologies hosted on-premises and in public cloud environments ensuring they are configured and updated in accordance with our design and standards.
- Monitor and respond to requests, operational alerts, and incidents working together with UNSW IT, faculties, divisions, external partners, and other stakeholders as required.
- Document and review operating procedures, technical standards, service management plans, processes, designs, and other documentation.
- Report on the effectiveness of security services and provide recommendations following a continuous improvement model.
- Review and update the CI/CD pipeline to automate both security testing and management of security services.
- Lead response activities for incidents working together with our partners and vendors.
Skills and Experience:
- A relevant tertiary qualification with subsequent relevant experience or equivalent competence gained through any combination of education, training, and experience.
- Minimum five years of industry experience in any of the following areas: security operations, incident response, or security consulting.
- Strong technical skills and experience in the management, configuration, and support of security controls including network security, endpoint security, application security, data protection, and/or identity and access management across different environments including on-premises, public, and/or hybrid cloud.
- Knowledge and experience in:
- Security services and technologies such as SIEM, EDR, EPP, SEG, NGFW, IAM
- Cloud native AWS security services such as WAF, GuardDuty, Inspector
- Microsoft 365 Defender services
- Experience in CI/CD pipelines and infrastructure-as-code.
- Sound understanding of DevSecOps delivery models and practices.
To apply: Please submit your CV, and Cover Letter responding to Skills and Experience required via the APPLY button.
Talent Acquisition Coordinator
UNSW is committed to evolving a culture that embraces equity and supports a diverse and inclusive community where everyone can participate fairly, in a safe and respectful environment. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and encourage applications from people of diverse gender, sexual orientation, cultural and linguistic backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability and those with caring and family responsibilities. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend