Senior Research Officer
Job no: 510405
Work type: Full time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Research Administration support, Business Development / Industry Engagement, Analyst, Knowledge Exchange, Research Infrastructure, Clinical/Medical Research
- Employment Type: Fixed Term, Full Time to 18th September 2023 (35-hour week)
- Remuneration: Level 7 position, $100,331 - $108,588 + 17% Super
- Location: Kensington, NSW (Hybrid Flexible Working available within Australia only)
- Career opportunity that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
The Centre for Social Impact (CSI) is a national research and education centre dedicated to catalysing social change for a better world. CSI is built on the foundation of four of Australia’s leading universities: UNSW Sydney, The University of Western Australia, Flinders University and Swinburne University of Technology. CSI’s purpose is to catalyse positive social change to help enable others to achieve social impact. This is achieved through transformational research and education that is rigorous and purpose-driven, and by working with people, communities and organisations to improve their capabilities through research, education, and leadership development.
The successful Senior Research Officer will be responsible for negotiating, managing and leading evaluation and outcomes measurement projects that contribute to CSI’s strategy and research program. The successful applicant will lead the development of research and evaluation tenders, proposals and grants to industry stakeholders such as not-for-profits, government departments, philanthropic funds and private sector organisations.
This role is suitable to someone who has strong demonstrated experience in conducting evaluations in Not-for-profit organisations.
- Lead Outcomes Measurement research and evaluation projects (quantitative and qualitative) including the delivery of accurate analysis and evaluation, interpret research data, and production of accessible reports to different audiences.
- Lead business development activities that support the evaluation and outcomes measurement portfolio of the Research and Evaluation Team.
- Lead the preparation of research proposals and funding applications.
- Undertake quantitative (and, if appropriate, qualitative) research and evaluation as well as other research tasks such as, literature reviews, data analysis and writing in areas that contribute to CSI’s strategy and research agenda.
- Manage and lead medium and large research and evaluation projects; organise and oversee research milestones, meetings with partners and the project team.
- Supervise research assistants and direct other professional and academic staff to successfully deliver projects and translate findings to funders.
- Develop, and manage strong working relationships with key stakeholders internal and external to CSI and ensure CSI and UNSW is well represented.
- Communicate research and evaluation findings to the social purpose sector through accessible publications such as newsletters and online communication.
- Ensure all tasks undertaken are of a high standard to achieve accurate and valuable research outcomes.
- Actively participate in relevant research events (e.g., workshops and conferences).
Skills and Experience:
- A degree in social sciences or discipline relevant to CSI with subsequent relevant experience or an equivalent level of knowledge/experience gained in a relevant professional field including psychology, sociology, public health, community development, economics, international studies, or political science.
- Previous experience in developing research proposals, tenders and grants.
- Experience in data management skills and quantitative analysis that can be applied to outcomes measurement and evaluation (descriptive statistics and comparative analysis).
- Experience in project management of research projects including coordinating and allocating research tasks, data collection and analysis, measurement and reporting of project outcomes, and ability to work to agreed timelines.
- Possess excellent planning and organisational skills and demonstrated capacity to meet tight deadlines and manage time effectively.
- Well-developed written communication and verbal presentation skills with the ability to develop written research reports and presentations for a wide variety of audiences.
- Excellent relationship skills and the ability to liaise effectively with all levels of staff, management, industry experts and external stakeholders.
People are at the core of everything we do. We recognise it is the contributions of our staff who make UNSW one of the best universities in Australia and the world.
Our benefits include:
- Flexible Working Options (work from home, flexible hours etc)
- Career development opportunities
- 17% Superannuation contributions and additional leave loading payments
- Additional 3 days of leave over Christmas period
- Discounts and entitlements (retail, education, fitness)
How to Apply:
Please submit your Cover Letter and CV online before Sunday 4th September 2022 by 11:30pm. Please ensure your Cover Letter addresses the Skills and Experience mentioned for this position. A copy of the Position Description can be found here:
Position Description - Senior Research Officer.pdf
Please note applications sent to the contact below cannot be accepted.
Talent Acquisition Coordinator
UNSW is committed to equity diversity and inclusion. Applications from women, people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, those living with disabilities, members of the LGBTIQ+ community; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff. The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend