HR Compliance Officer
Job no: 509797
Work type: Full time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Human Resources & Recruitment, Risk & Safety
HR Officer - Compliance
- Employment Type: Full time, 35 hour week
- Duration: 2 years fixed term
- Remuneration: Up to $113,000 salary package (including 17% Superannuation)
- Location: Kensington, NSW (Hybrid Flexible Working)
UNSW isn’t like other places you’ve worked. Yes, we’re a large organisation with a diverse and talented community; a community doing extraordinary things. Together, we are driven to be thoughtful, practical, and purposeful in all we do. Taking this combined approach is what makes our work matter. It’s the reason we’re Australia’s number one university for impact and among the nation’s Top 50 employers. If you want a career where you can thrive, be challenged and do meaningful work, you’re in the right place.
Why Your Role Matters:
The HR Officer - Compliance is a newly created role that will work with stakeholders across all UNSW Divisions and Faculties, identifying both compliance risks and opportunities for risk mitigation for HR systems and processes. Reporting to the HR Compliance and Policy Manager, you will act as the first point of contact for compliance queries.
- Develop and implement initiatives ensuring compliance risks are identified and managed
- Collaborating with the larger HR Team (ER, Business Partnering)
- Coordinate and assist in the delivery a suite of training modules for employees to UNSW staff on compliance matters
- Providing input into the compliance risk register and triaging complex queries
- Support the ongoing review and continuous improvement of HR policies, procedures and guidelines
- Coordinate and execute the delivery of HR compliance strategies across both BAU and related projects
- Ensure compliance regarding confidentiality and ethical practices
Who You Are:
- Previous experience in HR within a large complex organisation and HR Qualification
- Employee relations or compliance experience highly beneficial
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain positive relationships
- Experience in supporting the implementation of organisational HR strategies
- Proven ability to identify, analyse and solve operational problems
- Project coordination and administration experience highly beneficial
- Excellent attention to detail, including time management and organisational skills
Benefits and Culture:
Working at UNSW, you are part of something special. Something impactful. Here you will work with some of the greatest minds in the world and help to make a real difference. Working on a campus full of life, you will have all the tools and support to challenge yourself and reach your goals. Talent thrives here – and so do truly satisfying careers.
How to Apply:
Make each day matter with a meaningful career at UNSW. Submit your application online before the 30th June at 11:55pm. A copy of the Position Description can be on JOBS@UNSW.
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention, and promotion of staff and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity or Indigenous heritage. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
UNSW partners with Australia’s leading diversity organisations, networks, and campaigns. Please refer to UNSW’s diversity offerings for further information on our flexible work and leave options, and support for carers (childcare, parent rooms, parental leave).
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend