Manager Research Ethics & Compliance
Job no: 509486
Work type: Full time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Administration, Research Administration support
- Be part of a world-leading ethics and compliance trend setter
- Engage with diverse stakeholders to add value to research oversight
- $129,059 - $136,945 (depending on experience) + 17% super + annual leave loading
- Full-time (35 hours week), Fixed Term Contract to August 2023
This pivotal role provides oversight and management for animal research ethics, the management of controlled research goods and technology and remotely piloted aircraft compliance as required by relevant legislation and codes. You’ll also advise the Director on relevant codes and legislation to support effective decision making and ensure activities are compliant with UNSW requirements and relevant legislation.
The Research Ethics & Compliance Support (RECS) team coordinates committees and processes for research involving humans, animals, gene technology, radiation safety and research export controls and provides advice on legislative and other requirements in these areas. Committees include the Human Research Ethics Committees, Human Research Ethics Advisory Panels, the Animal Care & Ethics Committees, the Gene Technology Research Committee, and the Radiation Safety Committee. RECS also coordinate other research compliance areas such as the use of Schedule 4D, 8 and 9 substances, drone use, research export controls and biosecurity and leads the development of the policy environment for research ethics and compliance at the University.
Who you are
You have experience managing and providing oversight of animal research ethics and committees, and can demonstrate the following skills and experience: -
- In-depth knowledge of legislation, codes and guidelines relating to animal research ethics and scheduled substances, and knowledge of or willingness to acquire knowledge of export controls and drone legislation
- High level analytical and creative problem-solving skills that can be applied to the assessment of animal research ethics applications and research export control submissions to the Department of Defence.
- Experience in delivering training programs, procedures, and guidelines where required relating to animal research ethics, Scheduled Substances (S4D, 8 and 9), remotely piloted aircrafts and research export controls.
- Liaise effectively with stakeholders, including demonstrable negotiation and consultation skills.
- Ability to mentor and supervise staff with varying qualifications and experience.
- Extensive experience with the processes relating to the assessment of animal research complaints, non-compliance, and research integrity matters, with a demonstrated ability to provide advice on appropriate actions to secure compliance.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills, with a high level of attention to detail for deliverables produced.
- Excellent time management skills, with a demonstrated ability to respond to changing priorities, manage multiple tasks and meet competing deadlines by using judgement and initiative.
- Experience in managing and implementing improvements to business processes and regulatory compliance in the higher education sector.
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives, and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
To Apply: If contributing to research ethics leadership is of interest to you, please submit your CV, Cover Letter and responses to Skills and Experience required (nominated in the Position Description) via the APPLY button.
Closing date: 11.55pm, Sunday 10th July 2022
Talent Acquisition Consultant
UNSW is committed to equity diversity and inclusion. Applications from women, people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, those living with disabilities, members of the LGBTIQ+ community; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff. The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend