Project Officer Open Access Australasia
Job no: 509391
Work type: Part time
Location: Other location
UNSW isn’t like other places you’ve worked. Yes, we’re a large organisation with a diverse and talented community; a community doing great things. But what makes us different isn’t what we do, it’s how we do it. Together, we are driven to be thoughtful, practical, and purposeful in all we do.
Employment Type: Part time – 14 hours/week
Duration: Fixed term contract 6 months
Remuneration: $90K - $96K Pro Rata (plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
Location: The position will be managed through Kensington NSW campus but can potentially be physically located anywhere in Australia.
Open Access Australasia (https://oaaustralasia.org/) is a member organisation of 20 Australian universities, 8 New Zealand universities and five affiliate organisations. The purpose is to support social equity through the provision of Open Access (OA) to research outputs via advocacy, collaboration, raising awareness and leading and building capacity activities. It is hosted at UNSW by the UNSW Library.
Why your role matters
The Project Officer, Open Access Australasia will support the work of the Executive Committee and the Director, Open Access Australasia through researching and assessing information relating to Open Access and Open Science (such as the UNESCO Open Science Recommendation) and using that information to compile reports and analyses. The Project Officer will also support Communities of Practice and manage other administrative tasks as needed. A tertiary qualification with subsequent relevant experience, or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and / or experience. Library qualifications and/or experience is highly desirable.
- A sound understanding of scholarly communications, especially Open Access and other innovations in research dissemination.
- Experience in the analysing, reporting and displaying of quantitative and qualitative data
- High level of digital literacy, particularly in using Microsoft applications and web-conferencing technologies and applications including Microsoft Office 365 (PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, OneDrive, SharePoint, Skype for Business) and Zoom. Experience in using other software to analyse data, such as Open Refine, are highly desirable
- Flexibility to work unsupervised and under pressure, and enthusiasm for addressing unexpected new challenges at short notice.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, to consult and liaise with a wide range of people from culturally diverse backgrounds in a professional manner.
- Ability to handle sensitive information within a confidential environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a high level of attention to detail for deliverables produced.
- Sound stakeholder management skills, with the ability to liaise effectively with a range of stakeholders.
- Excellent time management skills, with a demonstrated ability to respond to changing priorities, manage multiple tasks and meet competing deadlines by using judgement and initiative.
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
Who you are
To Apply: Please apply online - Please submit your CV, Cover Letter and answers to the selection criteria (skills and experience).
Please note applications sent to the contact below can not be accepted.
Dr Ginny Barbour
Director, Open Access Australasia
Applications close: Before 11:55pm Sunday 10th July
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend