Manager, Projects, Contracts & Engagement
Job no: 509076
Work type: Full time
Location: Sydney, NSW
UNSW isn’t like other places you’ve worked. Yes, we’re a large organisation with a diverse and talented community; a community doing great things. But what makes us different isn’t what we do, it’s how we do it. Together, we are driven to be thoughtful, practical, and purposeful in all we do.
Employment Type: Full-time (35 hour week)
Duration: Fixed Term contract 9 months
Remuneration: $111K - $126K (plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
Location: Kensington NSW
- Drive portfolio wide projects
- Work at one of the leading places where new ideas can come to life and impact lives
- Feel motivated and driven by the scale and dynamism of everything happening around you
Why your role matters
The Manager, Projects, Contracts & Engagement is a key role in the Office of the Pro Vice-Chancellor Education & Student Experience in the delivery of operational improvement projects and management of portfolio contracts of significance as determined by the portfolio throughout their lifecycle, and associated partnerships and relationships.
As the Manager, Projects, Contracts & Engagement you will lead and manage assigned projects and initiatives working closely with the Portfolio Manager and Office team you will be applying your strong project management methodologies and practices as well as stakeholder management to deliver agreed operational improvement projects.
Who you are
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join a supportive, innovative and dynamic Office team. To apply you should have the following experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualification with subsequent experience in a relevant field or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through a combination of education. Experience working in an academic learning and teaching environment, highly regarded
- Superior interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with the ability to build and maintain effective collaborative professional relationships with University staff and external stakeholders and the ability to act with tact and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential matters
- Extensive relevant experience developing and implementing project plans, including evaluation of effectiveness and impact, timelines, regular communication and monitoring of progress within budget and required standards
- Demonstrated understanding of the contract lifecycle and experience managing high-value contracts, governance and projects and their associated relationships with proven ability to develop documentation, achieve timelines and objectives, and engage senior leaders and stakeholders
- Outstanding organisational skills and a high-level of initiative and flexibility, including the ability to deliver across multiple projects/ initiatives simultaneously, manage competing priorities and demands of stakeholders, and provide leadership in a complex and high-volume work environment.
- Demonstrated high-level written and verbal communication skills, with experience developing reports, recommendations, and communications
- Advanced level of computer literacy with excellent skills in Microsoft Office applications and the ability to learn and utilise new technologies and platforms to manage contracts and relationships efficiently and effectively
- Significant leadership and management skills with demonstrated success in developing and fostering teamwork and contributing positively as a team member to enable and ensure the achievement of organisational goals
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives, and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
To Apply: Please submit your CV and Cover Letter and answers to the selection criteria.
Please note applications sent to the contact below can not be accepted.
Talent Acquisition Consultant
Applications close: Sunday 3rd - Before 11:55pm
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend