Lead, Mental Health Connect
Job no: 508906
Work type: Full time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Student Services
UNSW isn’t like other places you’ve worked. Yes, we’re a large organisation with a diverse and talented community; a community doing great things. But what makes us different isn’t what we do, it’s how we do it. Together, we are driven to be thoughtful, practical, and purposeful in all we do.
Employment Type: Full-time (35 hour week) 5 days per week
Duration: Continuing role
Remuneration: $129K - $136K (plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
Location: Kensington NSW – Student Facing Role
- Support our students to reach their full potential
- See the difference you can make, through the work you do
- Work at one of the leading places where new ideas can come to life and impact lives
- Feel motivated and driven by the scale and dynamism of everything happening around you
Why your role matters
As the Lead, Mental Health Connect you will play a key role in the leadership of the Mental Health Connect team through the successful implementation and delivery of high-quality campus care to enrolled UNSW students.
On a day to day basis you will be responsible for providing an effective intake, triage, treatment and referral services for students and leadership of the Mental Health Connect team.
Who you are
This role will suit a strong leader with solid clinical experience. This is a student facing role that requires a team player – There will be afterhours cover for the role.
- Relevant tertiary qualification with subsequent relevant experience or equivalent competence gained through any combination of education, training and experience
- Full and current AHPRA registration as a Psychologist/Clinical Psychologist, or Registered Nurse (ACMHN Credentialed), or Occupational Therapist (BAMH Endorsement), or Social Worker or Mental Health Social Worker (AASW Accredited)
- Substantial post registration experience working within a relevant mental health clinical setting
- Demonstrated ability to successfully coordinate, lead, motivate and coach a multidisciplinary team of mental health professionals in a complex and at fast paced clinical setting and to effectively diffuse potential areas of dispute and/or conflict
- A strong understanding of triage processes and risk assessment in a tertiary education setting would be advantageous
- Demonstrated competence in assessment and clinical interventions that are trauma informed and culturally appropriate with individuals of different ages and backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to provide consultation, advice, and support to key stakeholders, including family members, primary carers, academic teaching staff and other internal/external support services, whilst confidently balancing safety and confidentiality
- Eligible for and willingness to obtain a Medicare and relevant insurance provider number for billed services provided by Psychology & Wellness
- Experience working with a range of computer systems and applications, including Microsoft Office applications. Experience with a clinical case management system strongly desirable
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines
- Ability and capacity to identify, assess, prioritise and control the risks to the health and safety of staff, students and visitors and to the environment arising from the unit’s activities.
Make each day matter with a meaningful career at UNSW. Submit your application online before Sunday 29th May at 11:55pm.
A copy of the Position Description can be found on JOBS@UNSW.
Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend