Senior Research Associate - Centre for Healthy Brain Ageing
Job no: 508875
Work type: Full time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Post doctoral research fellow
Senior Research Associate
School of Psychiatry / Centre for Healthy Brain Ageing (CHeBA)
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
The School of Psychiatry is widely reputed as the pre-eminent psychiatric research department in the country, and one of the leading university groups internationally. It is located at the UNSW teaching hospitals at various metropolitan sites in the Sydney region and in rural New South Wales.
About the role:
The Senior Research Associate will play a key role in the oversight and co-ordination of activities for the Centre of Research Excellence for Vascular Cognitive Disorders (CRE-VCD) funded by a 5-year NHMRC grant. The Centre aims to reduce the overall health burden of vascular dementia and the Senior Research Associate will play a pivotal role within the Centre to help achieve this ambitious goal. The Centre has several national and international collaborations and a diverse research agenda has been developed.
The Senior Research Associate will work closely with the Director of the Centre, and they will be expected to collaborate with the other investigators of the CRE to deliver on the objectives of the Centre. They will be expected to undertake relevant research/scholarly activities with limited supervision, either independently or as a team member. They will be expected to help lead a team of junior researchers and higher degree students.
- $111K-$131K plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
- Fixed Term for 12 months from date of appointment with good prospects of renewal
- Position is available full time (35hrs/week)
- MD or a PhD in a related discipline, with research experience in the field of cognitive disorders and/or cerebrovascular disease, and/or relevant work experience
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated track record in research innovation and outcomes of high quality and impact
- Demonstrated track record of significant involvement with the profession and/or industry
- Evidence of the ability to continually achieve research excellence and capacity for leadership
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team as well as independently
Applicants should systematically address all items in the skills and experience section of the position description in their application. See full position description attached here.
Other Job-related information (within COVID-19 restrictions as they apply):
Given current Australian Government COVID-19 border restrictions, we are only accepting applications from Australian citizens or permanent residents or people currently residing in Australia with full working rights.
Ms Angie Russell, Centre Manager, CHeBA
Applications close: Sunday, 29th May at 11.30pm
Find out more about working at UNSW at jobs.unsw.edu.au
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend