Duration - Full Time - 35 hours per week
Remuneration – Level E $207,336 + 17% Super and Leave Loading
Location – Hybrid model of working from our Kensington, NSW Campus and working remotely
- See the difference you can make, through the work you do
- Work at a world-renowned institution where new ideas can come to life and impact lives
- Feel motivated and driven by the scale and dynamism of everything happening around you
The Business School’s reputation is built on its outstanding staff, students and alumni and a cultural diversity which ensures an international focus. It also has a long history of deep industry engagement and takes pride in the impact it has through its educational and research activities. The school is frequently ranked among the top 50 in the world, and in some areas among the top 20, according to global indicators. For further information, see: https://www.business.unsw.edu.au/
The School of Information Systems & Technology Management (ISTM) is one of eight schools within the Business School that comprises around 30 staff from all over the world. It offers a vibrant and dynamic academic community engaged in leading edge research, innovative teaching as well as constructive community and professional engagement. ISTM is one of the largest and oldest such schools in Australia, we are currently ranked #1 (Australia), #2 (Asia), and #10 (Worldwide) in the AIS Research Productivity Ranking (2019-2021).
Why your role matters
This position is open to Female applicants only. UNSW has obtained an exemption under section 126 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW) to designate and recruit senior academic level D (Associate Professor) and level E (Professor) roles within UNSW Sydney Faculties where the percentage of women is below 40%, to fulfil UNSW’s goal of a representative workforce rate.
UNSW is currently implementing a ten-year 2025+ strategy and our ambition is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university. We aspire to this in the belief that a great university, which is a global leader in discovery, innovation, impact, education and thought leadership, can make an enormous difference to the lives of people in Australia and around the world. This position, which is in line with our 2025 Strategy, emphasises our commitment to promoting equity, diversity, and social justice. For further information, see: https://www.2025.unsw.edu.au/
The Professor (Level E) position is expected to provide academic leadership and foster excellence in research, innovative teaching, and engagement activities in their area of expertise. If you have an expertise in cybersecurity, business analytics and digital transformation this might be the position for you. The role of Professor reports to the Head of School and has no direct reports.
Some of the accountabilities for this role include
- Lead and conduct original/innovative research at the highest level, actively contributing to the advancement of knowledge in the relevant subject area/s, while ensuring the publication of outcomes in high quality research outlets and translation to relevant stakeholders in the field of expertise.
- Make internationally recognised contributions to secure competitive government and industry research funding, and/or external education funding.
- Held in high esteem by peers at an international level and establish and influence research network/s (based on the norms of the discipline) at an international level.
- Apply a well-defined teaching philosophy and a critically reflective teaching practice that inspires student learning and cultivates a positive attitude towards teaching in both postgraduate and undergraduate courses in line with UNSW policy as an exemplar for others.
- Design and develop learning activities and resources, provide assessment and feedback at both course and program level using a range of suitable approaches and learning environments that inspires excellence in others by providing mentorship and peer review.
- Mentor and guide students and colleagues, as well as UNSW's early career academics and postdoctoral fellows. This includes supporting early career academics to obtain research and/or education grant funding, including external competitive fellowships.
- Lead strategic initiatives that contribute to the engagement and social impact priorities (e.g., the United Nations Principles of Responsible Management Education and Sustainable Development Goals) of the School, Faculty and University.
Some of the skills and experience required for the role include
- A PhD in a related discipline, and/or relevant work experience.
- A distinguished research record and international reputation evidenced by high quality publications in top tier Business and Information Systems journals (e.g., AIS Basket of 8, Financial Times 50); as well as premier IS conferences such as ICIS, ECIS, AMCIS, and PACIS and editorial board memberships
- Demonstrated experience in teaching and learning design using a range of pedagogical approaches, development and delivery of courses and programs, at undergraduate and/or postgraduate level.
- Evidence of being an inspirational role model for other academics seeking mentoring, guidance, advice and support.
- Proven leadership of research projects and leadership of research teams, including high quality HDR supervision.
- Proven leadership in developing significant productive relationships and engagement with industry and the community, with success in attracting significant industry funding.
To learn more about this position, our selection criteria, as well as view a more detailed description of the accountabilities and skills and experience associated with the role, please review the position description attached.
People are at the core of everything we do. We recognise it is the contributions of our staff who make UNSW one of the best universities in Australia and the world.
Our benefits include:
- Flexible Working Options (work from home, flexible hours etc)
- Career development opportunities
- 17% Superannuation contributions and additional leave loading payments
- Additional 3 days of leave over Christmas period
- Discounts and entitlements (retail, education, fitness)
To Apply: Please complete the online application form, attach a document outlining how you meet the selection criteria as shown in the position description and submit your CV.
Applications close Monday 20th June 2022 at 11:30pm
Contact for queries regarding this position:
Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant
Please note applications will not be accepted if only sent by email to the contact.