Casual Academic Talent Pool - Business - Accounting, Audit & Tax
Job no: 504832
Work type: casual
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Tutor, Lecturer, Other, Demonstrator
About the role
A casual lecturer or tutor in the School of Accounting, Auditing & Taxation is expected to conduct high-quality teaching, marking and student consultation in undergraduate and postgraduate courses. The role will also contribute to the effective functioning of the School by undertaking a range of administrative duties related to supporting students in the School. Casual academics may also be expected to attend course meetings and participate in professional activity e.g. training, workshops, as appropriate.
You will need:
- Demonstrated ability to undertake quality teaching in undergraduate or postgraduate courses
- Ability to work positively and cooperatively in a teaching intensive environment
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills appropriate for interacting effectively with team members and colleagues
- An undergraduate or postgraduate degree in Accounting or Taxation, or a dual degree with specialization in Accounting or Taxation – at a level equal to the degree in which course being taught.
- CPA or CA ANZ qualified desirable (or equivalent)
- Work experience in accounting / taxation / finance capacity
- Some teaching experience in Management Accounting, Financial Accounting, Auditing, Business Taxation and Tax Policy
We encourage Expressions of Interest from experienced tutors and lecturers who are excited to collaborate across different disciplines and be a part of an integrated teaching team.
We are recruiting lecturers and tutors throughout 2022 and you will be contacted for an interview if your skills, qualifications, and experience are suitable.
The EOI portal will allow you to select which courses you would like to teach and the extent of your qualifications and experience so we can better assess your suitability and potentially meet your need for flexibility.
Please note that you must have working rights in Australia and have an Australian bank account. Overseas applications cannot be considered.
Term 1 course selections: please apply by shortlisting deadline 15 January
Term 2 course selections: please apply by shortlisting deadline 20 March
Term 3 course selections: please apply by shortlisting deadline 3 July
Summer Term course selections: please apply by shortlisting deadline 4 November
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend