Employment Type: Full-time (35 hour week)
Duration: Continuing role
Remuneration: $97K - $105K (plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
Location: Kensington Campus NSW
- Here, your work makes a difference to people’s lives
- Be inspired by the talent and passion of your colleagues and our students
- We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse campus that supports the needs of all
UNSW isn’t like other places you’ve worked. Yes, we’re a large organisation with a diverse and talented community; a community doing great things. But what makes us different isn’t what we do, it’s how we do it. Together, we are driven to be thoughtful, practical, and purposeful in all we do.
UNSW Library is one of Australia’s major research libraries, with extensive scholarly information resources, services and facilities. It serves a large population of academic staff and students on three campuses and affiliated research institutes.
Why your role matters
The Team Leader, Scholarly Information Resources is a key role in the Collection Development and Policy Unit and works closely with the Associate Director, Collection Development Strategies & Policy and team members to continuously improve the Library’s procedures around the procurement of information resources.
As the Team Leader, Scholarly Information Resources you will primarily be responsible for liaising with vendors to ensure negotiated pricing and terms and conditions are accurately reflected in invoicing and licences. You will also be responsible for the day-to-day operational management of the Library information resources budget (LIR) including the accurate reconciliation of library invoices and resolving any discrepancies with relevant parties in a timely manner.
Who you are
- A degree from a higher education institution with substantial relevant experience or any other equivalent combination of knowledge, training and/or experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team in a dynamic, matrix working environment and to encourage collaborative working relationships to achieve goals
- Demonstrated experience in the operational management of financial processes related to subscription or acquisition or scholarly resources in an academic library or equivalent environment. High-level experience in collecting, interpreting, and reporting complex information and data, especially as applied to collection development statistical requirements
- Experience in reviewing and analysing publisher licences related to scholarly information resources in an academic or research library setting
- Sound understanding of the scholarly publishing ecosystem, and emerging models that support open access publishing as they apply to a research intensive university
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills. Experience in building positive stakeholder relationships and influencing decision making as needed
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training
To Apply: Please submit your CV, Cover Letter and answers to the Selection Criteria (skills and experience in the Position Description). PD- Team Leader Scholarly Information Resouces 202111 HEW 7.pdf
Please note applications sent to the contact below can not be accepted.
Associate Director, Collection Development Strategies & Policy
e: email@example.com |
Applications close: Before 11:55pm Sunday 12th December
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.