Postdoctoral Fellow in Nanomedicine
Job no: 503656
Work type: Full-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Post doctoral research fellow
You will be conducting research in the field of nanomedicine to address unmet needs in health. This position will give you the opportunity to develop your research skills and output across contributing to the writing of scientific papers and reports for international journals, participating in conferences and workshops, and actively engaging with industry partners.
The role of Research Associate reports Dr Sophia Gu and has no direct reports.
- Level A - Salary, $98,342 to $105,185 per annum + 17% superannuation
- Full time
- Fixed-term contract – 12 months starting around April 2022 with the possibility of an extension
- Location: Kensington – Sydney, Australia
UNSW is currently implementing a ten-year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university. This position is within the School of Chemical Engineering.
Skills & Experience:
- PhD (or soon to be awarded) in material science and engineering, chemistry, chemical engineering, biomedical engineering, pharmaceutical science, medicine or nanomedicine or related area.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated track record of publications and conference presentations relative to opportunity.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate and interact with a diverse range of stakeholders and students.
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Ability and capacity to implement required UNSW health and safety policies and procedures.
Additional details about the specific responsibilities for these positions can be found in the position description.
To Apply: Please submit your CV, Cover Letter and Responses to the first 4 skills and experience (2 pages maximum). Please note applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed below.
Dr Sophia Gu
School of Chemical Engineering & Australian Centre for NanoMedicine
Applications close: 11:55 pm on Sunday 19th December 2021
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds.
UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend