Job no: 503529
Work type: Full-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Information Technology
- Employment Type: Full-time (35-hour week)
- Duration: Fixed Term 10 Months (Maternity Cover)
- Remuneration: $109k – $123k (plus 17% superannuation)
UNSW isn’t like other places you’ve worked. Yes, we’re a large organisation with a diverse and talented community; a community doing great things. But what makes us different isn’t what we do, it’s how we do it. Together, we are driven to be thoughtful, practical, and purposeful in all we do.
Taking this combined approach is what makes our work matter. It’s the reason we’re Australia’s number one university for impact and among the nation’s Top 20 employers. And it’s why we come to campus each day.
If you want a career where you can thrive, be challenged and do meaningful work, you’re in the right place.
Why your role matters
We have an opportunity for a Business Analyst to join the Operations Division, as the Business Analyst you will report to the Sub Domain Technology team (Lead Business Analyst) and will liaise heavily with the Project Manager/Scrum Master for daily work allocations.
What your role will entail
- Provide leadership, guidance, advice and business analysis quality assurance to the team assigned to the project which the Business Analyst has a role.
- During project initiation, recommend an appropriate business analysis approach, toolsets and deliverables to be adapted by the system/project owner(s).
- Identify and evaluate business requirements for one or more systems or process areas.
- Investigate, analyse and document business processes and the underlying business model for a system or process area.
- For project engagements, develop the functional designs and specifications for particular processes or services.
- Proactively identify and document possible software improvement areas using a gap analysis methodology.
- Research 3rd party software solutions and perform in-depth analyses to assess their suitability to meet UNSW business requirements.
The Skills and Experiences you will possess
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or equivalent level of knowledge gained through a combination of education, training and/or experience in a similar role.
- A minimum 3 years professional experience in business systems analysis or equivalent business experience, including well-developed business and needs analysis skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of project management methods, tools and the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Knowledge and competency in the use of professional business analysis techniques and methods (e.g. Use Case Analysis, UML).
- Well-developed skills in the use of standard office toolsets including word processors, spreadsheets, drawing/diagramming tools (e.g. Visio), presentation tools (e.g. PowerPoint) and project management tools (e.g. MS Project).
- Previous experience working in an ERP application development environment (either PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP or similar) and/or a web services environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to success in providing effective solutions to business needs.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
UNSW is committed to equity diversity and inclusion. Applications from women, people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, those living with disabilities, members of the LGBTIQ+ community; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant
Applications close: 27 January 2022, 11.55PM
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend