Research Manager - Department of Developmental Disability Neuropsychiatry (3DN)
Job no: 503498
Work type: Part-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Research Administration support
Employment Type: Up to 21 hours per week (some flexibility for the successful candidate)
Duration: 12-month contract (to start February 2022)
Remuneration: $ 111,044 - 125,115 + 17% superannuation (salary to be prorated)
Due to the current travel restrictions into Australia, we will consider applications from candidates currently residing in Australia and/or having Australian working rights.
- Work at one of the leading places where new ideas can come to life and impact lives.
- Feel motivated and driven by the scale and dynamism of everything happening around you.
- Contribute to the transformational journey UNSW is on.
The Department of Developmental Disability Neuropsychiatry (3DN) leads translational research in the area of intellectual disability health and wellbeing in Australia.
The Research Manager will manage operations of 3DN whilst actively developing and implementing practices and procedures to support the research activities and objectives undertaken by researchers at 3DN.
As the successful Research Manager, you will support the Head of the Department to implement research objectives and provide high-level management to ensure the compliance aligns with the policies and requirements of UNSW, funding bodies, and other key stakeholders.
This role provides key operational support by overseeing the department’s research information systems and infrastructure and by providing high-level project management support to its research endeavours.
The role of the Research Manager reports to the Head of the Department and has no direct reports.
Skills and Experience
- University degree in health science/social science/psychology/neuroscience or research management or related disciplines with demonstrated experience in research management and strategy, or data science and project management. A postgraduate degree is highly desirable.
- Experience working with a range of computer systems and applications, such as R, SQL, SPSS, SAS, STATA, MS Excel and reference management software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a high level of attention to detail for deliverables produced. Proven ability to advise senior management and stakeholders as appropriate to ensure successful outcomes.
- Experience in the development of Category 1 Grant applications, including collation of background material, writing and harmonisation of investigator profile, collation of researcher and team metrics and editing of draft applications.
- Sound influencing and consultation skills and proven ability to interact effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and productively within a team, but also to take initiative and work independently while managing competing demands.
- Proven ability to develop and implement operational plans with little supervision, including project management experience and the ability to achieve objectives, meet competing deadlines, and report on outcomes, ability to apply, interpret and develop policies and procedures in line with best practice
- Demonstrated understanding of the research funding environment and processes, and a commitment to working closely with researchers to achieve objectives.
To Apply: Please submit your CV, Cover Letter and Responses to the skills and experience set out in the Position Description
Closing date: 11.55 pm, Sunday 30 January 2022
UNSW is committed to equity diversity and inclusion. Applications from women, people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, those living with disabilities, members of the LGBTIQ+ community; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability and access to flexible work options for eligible staff.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Skye Logan - Please note applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact.
Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend