Academic Quality Project Officer (503139), UNSW Business School
Employment Type: Full-time (35 hour week)
Remuneration: Level 7: $ 98,354 - $ 106,449 (plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
Location: Kensington NSW
- We are focusing on the future. You can help us shape the experience of higher education
- Join a Go8 university that’s globally recognised for making an impact
- Be inspired by the talent and passion of colleagues and students
UNSW isn’t like other places you’ve worked. Yes, we’re a large organisation with a diverse and talented community; a community doing great things. But what makes us different isn’t what we do, it’s how we do it. Together, we are driven to be thoughtful, practical, and purposeful in all we do.
Why your role matters:
The UNSW Business School is one of Australia’s leading business schools. We seek to make a difference by equipping our graduates and stakeholders to find better ways to create sustainable economic and social value. We are achieving this through innovative research and transformative learning in collaboration with our business, government, university and community partners in Australia and globally.
The Academic Quality Project Officer is located within the UNSW Business School’s Education Portfolio. The role is part of a team that actively contributes to achievement of the education goals of both the Business School and UNSW.
The Academic Quality Project Officer has responsibility for a range of initiatives that align with UNSW’s education quality procedure and framework. The framework is designed to enhance and ensure the quality of student outcomes and the student education experience. In particular, the role is responsible for the collection, analysis, visualisation, reporting and management of education-related data. This data, in turn, helps to assure student learning, inform curriculum revision and drive continuous improvement. It also plays an essential part in maintaining our international accreditations (AACSB and EQUIS).
The Academic Quality Project Officer reports to the Manager, Academic Quality Assurance. You will work collaboratively with colleagues from across the Portfolio, the wider Business School and relevant sections of the University.
This position is being offered as continuing full time, with a flexible blend of working remotely and from the vibrant UNSW Kensington Campus.
Please see the attached PD - Academic Quality Project Officer.pdf for full details and responsibilities.
Who you are:
You have tertiary qualifications and relevant experience, an understanding of learning outcomes assessment (assurance of learning), and an advanced level of data literacy. You possess a “can do” attitude and a demonstrated ability to manage projects to completion and work with initiative.
Required skills and experience include:
- Tertiary qualifications and relevant quality assurance experience in a higher education environment, or proven equivalent competency gained through any other combination of education, training or experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of learning outcomes assessment / assurance of learning processes. (Experience in the development, implementation, management and uptake of sustainable assurance of learning processes would be well regarded.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and sustain effective professional relationships and effectively influence stakeholders.
- Advanced level of data literacy including a demonstrated capacity to effectively analyse and visualise data in Excel and Microsoft Power BI in order to present complex information in an easy to understand and compelling manner.
- High level written communication, problem-solving, time management and organisational skills.
To Apply: Please submit your CV, Cover Letter and answer the additional questions outlined in the application form. In answering the questions, please refer to the Skills and Experience listed in the position description.
Applications must be submitted online. Please note applications sent to the contact below can not be accepted.
Contact (for job related queries only):
Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant
Applications close: Wednesday 15th December 2021 at 11:30pm. Please note that, due to the university Summer shutdown, interviews will take place in mid-January.
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.