Job no: 502711
Work type: Full-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Information Technology
- Continuing role
- Flexible work arrangements
The automation tester will be accountable for the planning, monitoring, and execution of the test automation activities and tasks. The Automation Tester will define the test objectives, apply organisational test policies, create Test Plan where applicable, plus plan and execute test scenarios. The role reports to Head of Testing Services and has no direct reports.
Specific accountabilities for this role include:
- Collaborate with project stakeholders on the documentation of application Test Plan based on software requirements and technical specifications.
- Contribute to the maintenance and uplift of UNSW test automation framework
- Design manual and/or automation test cases and test scripts under own direction, mapping back to pre-determined criteria, recording and reporting outcomes.
- Manage the end to end operation of software testing from data diagnosis through to formulating resolutions.
- Recommend and negotiate levels of test coverage and ensures traceability of test cases to functional requirements.
- Test the usability of component systems, and alternative designs, administering formative and summative usability tests, logging, and analysing data.
- Document faults, implements resolutions and retests to agreed standards.
- Provide assistance and support to other testers and business users, following agreed procedures for further help or escalation.
- Review and advise the impacts of change requests on testing effort.
- Contribute to the development of installation procedures and standard.
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in software automation testing, including an industry recognised certification such as ISTQB Foundation.
- 2+ years’ Experienced with automated testing tools and methods such as Selenium, Serenity, Cucumber, and Jenkins
- Experienced in working within a CI/CD and DevSecOps framework
- Excellent communication skills
Apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Ralph Hitti, Talent Acquisition Consultant
Applications close: 11.55pm, 25th October 2021
UNSW is committed to equity diversity and inclusion. Applications from women, people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, those living with disabilities, members of the LGBTIQ+ community; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend