Junior Hardware Engineer
Job no: 502562
Work type: Full-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Information Technology
An exciting opportunity exists for a Junior Hardware Engineer to work with our world leading atom-based quantum computing team. This position is funded by Silicon Quantum Computing Pty Limited (SQC), an Australian Research and Development company with a focused goal of making quantum computers a reality. SQC is co-located at UNSW Sydney with the Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence for Quantum Computation and Communication Technology (CQC2T or Centre), one of Australia’s elite research organisations conducting world-leading research in atomic electronics and quantum computing with the specific aim of building a quantum computer based on atom-qubits in silicon.
SQC is expanding and seeking a Junior Hardware Engineer with a background in the design of basic analogue electronic circuits for room temperature operation, circuit simulation, PCB design, operation and maintenance of electronic components such as spectrum analysers, oscilloscopes, function generators and the high-quality oversight and maintenance of an inventory of consumable engineering components. Ultimately this role will work closely with a senior hardware engineer to interface with the high-fidelity control and measurement of multi-qubit devices at cryogenic temperatures.
This is an exciting position within a dynamic and highly collaborative research and development environment. The Junior Hardware Engineer will join the world-leading team led by Professor Michelle Simmons, who has an international reputation for pioneering radical new atomic-scale fabrication technology. The group is poised to scale to 10-qubit integrated circuit prototype by 2023 and 100-qubit architectures within the decade.
About the role
- $76K - $86K plus 17% superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed Term – 3 years
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
- Silicon Quantum Computing is a well-funded company with a unique mix of government, university, and corporate investors – including Federal Government, CBA, Telstra, NSW Government and UNSW Sydney.
- SQC is seeking to commercialise silicon quantum computing technology – technology that has the potential to have a global impact when realised.
- SQC’s technologies build on 20 years of world-leading research by the Centre and include the development of novel fabrication and advanced measurement techniques towards a quantum processor based in silicon.
- These roles and the Company are co-located with the headquarters of the Centre at UNSW Sydney.
The Junior Hardware Engineer will work alongside the lead cryogenic hardware and Senior FPGA/DSP Engineer to help develop efficient electrical measurement facilities for the design, assembly, testing implementation and maintenance of high frequency electronics on cryogenic measurement platforms. The role supports the overall construction of the quantum computer hardware, working alongside a truly multi-disciplinary team of quantum physicists and software engineers in the design, assembly and testing of silicon-based quantum processors.
The Junior Hardware Engineer will report to Professor Michelle Simmons and will work alongside other staff and students funded by SQC as well as the Centre working at the very forefront of quantum computing internationally.
Applications close: August 20th, 2021
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend