Senior Software Engineer
Job no: 502561
Work type: Full-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Information Technology
An exciting opportunity exists for Senior Software Engineer to work with our world leading atom-based quantum computing team. This position is funded by Silicon Quantum Computing Pty Limited (SQC), an Australian Research and Development company with a focused goal of making quantum computers a reality. SQC is co-located at UNSW Sydney with the Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence for Quantum Computation and Communication Technology (CQC2T or Centre), one of Australia’s elite research organisations conducting world-leading research in atomic electronics and quantum computing with the specific aim of building a quantum computer based on atom-qubits in silicon.
The company is expanding and seeking a Senior Software Engineer, with a very strong background in software design and general purpose programming languages, especially python to work on the software layer that interfaces our low noise, cryogenic measurement instrumentation.
This is a prestigious position within a dynamic and highly collaborative research and development environment. The successful applicant will join the world-leading team led by Professor Michelle Simmons, who has an international reputation for pioneering radical new atomic scale fabrication technology. The group is poised to scale to 10-qubit integrated circuit prototype by 2023 and 100-qubit architectures within the decade.
About the role
- $98K - $106K plus 17% superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed Term – 3 years
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
- Silicon Quantum Computing is a well-funded company with a unique mix of government, university, and corporate investors – including Federal Government, CBA, Telstra, NSW Government and UNSW Sydney.
- SQC is seeking to commercialise silicon quantum computing technology – technology that has the potential to have a global impact when realised.
- SQC’s technologies build on 20 years of world-leading research by the Centre and include the development of novel fabrication and advanced measurement techniques towards a quantum processor based in silicon.
- These roles and the Company are co-located with the headquarters of the Centre at UNSW Sydney.
While the current research is focused on the development of a 10-qubit quantum integrated circuit prototype, this position will look to scale beyond this requiring the multiple detection and control of individual spins in silicon, the controlled coupling between them, and the coherent transport of quantum information.
The Senior Software Engineer will report to Professor Michelle Simmons and work alongside other staff and students funded by SQC as well as the Centre in the design, assembly and testing of silicon-based quantum computers. This position provides a unique opportunity to work within a truly multi-disciplinary team of quantum scientists, hardware, and software engineers working at the very forefront of quantum computing internationally.
Applications close: August 20th, 2021
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend