Job no: 502107
Work type: Part-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Employment Type: Part time (open to 2-3 days per week)
Duration: 2 year contract
Remuneration: $89K - $95K pro rata (plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
Location: Ideally Kensington NSW but open to regional NSW applications (preferably Wagga Wagga, Albury, Griffith, Coffs Harbour or Port Macquarie) – Regional applicants must be able to travel to our Sydney Campus occasionally
About the Ironbark project
The Ironbark Project is an Aboriginal healthy ageing research project which compares the Ironbark: Standing Strong and Tall program with the Ironbark: Healthy Community program. We work with groups of older Aboriginal people (45 years and older) for a year to deliver one of these programs. Your role is to engage, recruit, and support NSW Aboriginal organisations and communities to be involved. For more information about Ironbark, visit our website: www.ironbarkproject.org.au
Why your role matters
The Project Officer plays a key role within the School of Population Health in providing practical and efficient project support for the Ironbark Trial. The Project Officer will lead engagement of Aboriginal communities and organisations in NSW, recruiting sites and establishing programs and facilitating community support.
Who you are
- This is an identified position under the Racial Discrimination Act 1977.
- Experience working with Aboriginal organisations, and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people
- A relevant degree or experience within Aboriginal public health or medical research/health care environments;
- Strong project management skills particularly in program delivers, experience in research highly valued,
- Excellent time management skills, ability to work independently and remotely, manage multiple tasks and meet competing deadlines by using judgement and initiative
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and comply with privacy requirements
- Full NSW driver licence and willingness to travel
To Apply: Please submit your CV and Cover Letter. Please note applications sent to the contact below can not be accepted.
Talent Acquisition Consultant
Applications close: Before 11:55pm Sunday 22nd August
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend