Associate Professor - Implementation Science and Health Systems
Job no: 501413
Work type: Full-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Associate Professor
At the School of Population Health (SPH), our mission is to improve population health by training leaders in health management, strengthening health systems, and translating evidence into policy and practice. We are committed to excellence and innovation in research and education, underpinned by a focus on equity, societal impact and building partnerships with the communities we work with. We have a long and impressive track record in training health managers both in Australia and globally. School of Population Health
- Unique opportunity to provide leadership and strategic direction in health systems research and health management and leadership teaching aligned with the strategic priorities of the School, Faculty of Medicine and Health, and UNSW.
- 3-Year Convertible Tenure Track, Full time position.
- Academic Level D $158k – 174K (Plus 17% Superannuation & leave loading).
- Sydney, Australia based.
- Be part of Australia’s number one university for research excellence and impact.
The Associate Professor in Implementation Science and Health Systems will be a combined track role with a track record in academic leadership in research and teaching. The Associate Professor will take a lead in enabling and building a program of applied research focused on health systems and implementation science, in partnership with our diverse health and community collaborators. The Associate Professor will take a leadership role in the curriculum design and delivery of courses primarily in the subject areas of implementation science, value-based healthcare and health systems.
The role of Associate Professor reports to the Head of School and has three direct reports within the Health Leadership and Management team. Please see the attached position for a full list of responsibilities. Associate Professor PD PHCM
Skills and Experience:
- A PhD in a related discipline, and/or relevant work experience.
- Proven commitment to proactively keeping up to date with discipline knowledge and developments.
- Demonstrated experience in teaching and learning design using a range of pedagogical approaches, development and delivery of courses and programs, at undergraduate and/or postgraduate level.
- Experience of implementing educational technologies and online delivery methods.
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness and passion for educational excellence and fostering this in others.
- Demonstrated experience with industry or work-integrated learning.
- Evidence of professional development of teaching practice in self and others with the ability to advance and lead an inclusive culture of excellence in learning and teaching.
- Demonstrated success in initiating curriculum development and improvement.
- Evidence of highly developed interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Evidence of ability to support and inspire students from diverse backgrounds and support student equity diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Significant track record in research leadership with outcomes of high quality and high international impact with clear evidence of the desire and ability to continually achieve research excellence and deliver research leadership.
- Excellent record of recruiting and supervising high calibre students.
- Demonstrated leadership in building engagement and partnerships with the profession and industry. • An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
Please click Apply to submit your application online. Applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed below.
Contact (for job related questions)
Professor Rebecca Ivers – Head of School
Applications close: 11pm on Sunday 2nd May 2021.
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity or Indigenous heritage. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
UNSW partners with Australia’s leading diversity organisations, networks, and campaigns. UNSW understands the importance of fostering a workplace culture that supports the work and life needs of its staff. Please refer to UNSW’s diversity offerings for further information on our flexible work and leave options, and support for carers (childcare, parent rooms, parental leave).
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend