Associate Professor – Primary Care/General Practice
Job no: 500175
Work type: Full-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Associate Professor
- Level D $158k – 174K (+ 17% superannuation, leave loading & clinical loading)
- Sydney, Australia based.
- Be part of Australia’s number one university for research excellence and impact.
The role of Associate Professor, General Practice is a leadership role in the Discipline of General Practice for the Faculty of Medicine. The role will lead and contribute to teaching and curriculum development in general practice within the undergraduate medical curriculum and lead and contribute to research and development in general practice or primary care. The role also involves teaching and supervision in other areas of postgraduate and undergraduate teaching including the postgraduate programs in the school, and Society and Health in the undergraduate medical program.
The successful candidate will be a recognised research leader with an outstanding track record in publications in peer reviewed journals and competitive funding. The position will contribute to leadership, service and academic administrative functions in the School of Population Health.
Please review the position description for full details. Associate Professor - Primary Care PD
Skills and Experience:
- A medical degree and Fellowship of the RACGP (or comparable international equivalent).
- Eligible for registration as a medical practitioner with AHPRA
- PhD degree or equivalent doctoral qualification.
- Extensive professional experience in general practice and or/primary care.
- Recognised research leader with outstanding track record in peer-reviewed publications and demonstrable grant success in competitive grants in general practice, primary care or public health.
- Demonstrated experience in delivery of quality undergraduate and postgraduate medical education.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a goal-directed manner yet collaboratively with other staff and external providers.
- Excellent communication, organisation and presentation skills
- Capacity to provide leadership, management and mentoring to colleagues in teaching and research
- Ability and capacity to implement required UNSW health and safety policies and procedures.
- An outstanding, internationally recognised record of achievement in research in primary care or public health.
- Demonstrated capacity to advance the broad discipline and profession of primary care and/or public health through effective engagement with relevant national and international bodies or groups.
- Recognised as a leading authority in general practice or primary care.
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Contact (for job related questions)
Professor Rebecca Ivers – Head of School
Applications close: 11pm, 11th July 2021.
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity or Indigenous heritage. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
UNSW partners with Australia’s leading diversity organisations, networks, and campaigns. UNSW understands the importance of fostering a workplace culture that supports the work and life needs of its staff. Please refer to UNSW’s diversity offerings for further information on our flexible work and leave options, and support for carers (childcare, parent rooms, parental leave).
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend